[ADMIN] final hard-to-reach authors list

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
      Hey guys,

      As you probably know, nominations for the 2011 MEFAs. We currently
      have around 550 nominations, not counting the withdrawn ones - not too
      shabby! Thanks to everyone who nominated.

      In just under a week we'll start work on categorization. To do that we
      need authors to complete their story forms, and everyone else needs to
      know whether stories will be competing or not anyway. So after July 7
      I will withdraw those nominations where the nomination isn't 100%
      ready to compete. In practical terms, I encourage authors to try to
      finish their forms by July 6 at the latest, to give their liaison some
      time to work out any errors that might need fixing.

      To that end: here are some authors who *may* not know they've been
      nominated, or *may* not know they still have to do something in order
      to compete. The following authors haven't begun their forms or given
      us an indication they know they've been nominated.

      Adlanth (liaison: Inkling, inkling-tcbsATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      Chisscientist (liaison: Inkling, inkling-tcbsATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      Gwynnyd (liaison: Adonnen Estenniel, adonnenDOTestennielATgmailDOTcom)
      Kaylee Arafinwiel (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      Llinos (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      Nekomitsu (liaison: Fiondil, namondilATgmailDOTcom)
      Osheen Nevoy (liaison: Adonnen Estenniel, adonnenDOTestennielATgmailDOTcom)
      rosethorn59 (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      Tevildo (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)

      These authors have begun but not finished their forms.

      Armedwithacomputer (liaison: Inkling, inkling-tcbsATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      DrummerWench (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      Elf Cakes (liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawaltATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      Esteliel (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      Galadriel (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      MysteriousJedi (liaison: Inkling, inkling-tcbsATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      Nefhiel (liaison: Inkling, inkling-tcbsATsbcglobalDOTnet)
      Wormwood (liaison: Adonnen Estenniel, adonnenDOTestennielATgmailDOTcom)

      It's really the first list that I'm most concerned about, and some of
      those people were just nominated in the last few days. But if you know
      them, do make sure they know they've been nominated.

      The second list, it's entirely possible that these people know they
      were nominated and are making good progress. I'm a little concerned
      that they may not know our deadline is coming or that there's
      something else they still need to do, but on the other hand, they *do*
      still have time to tie up those loose threads. Meaning there are still
      very legitimate reasons for their forms not to be done yet. I have
      left off veteran MEFA members who I'm confident know what they need to
      do as well as people who are 100% done with most of their nominations.

      In any event, if you see your name listed get in touch with your
      liaison. And if you see a name listed of someone you know, especially
      on the first list, have them get in touch, too. Authors should have
      also received an email by me earlier today listing what nominations
      were good to go and which ones still needed work.

      Marta
    • Barbara Rich
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
        I know that Kaylee is having computer problems, and cannot access her emails
        right now.
        Dreamflower

      • Henriette Heeren-Hummel
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
          Hello all,

          I’ve tried to alert Gwynnyd and DrummerWench per Garden of Ithillien, both in private messages and the appropiate boards. I hope this helps.

          Haarajot

          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
            On Jul 1, 2011, at 3:07 PM, Marta wrote:

            > Gwynnyd (liaison: Adonnen Estenniel, adonnenDOTestennielATgmailDOTcom)

            I'm getting to it! Promise!

            Gwynnyd

            Carol Lynn
            carollynn@...

            Proud to be a Textual Poacher

            "Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations, instead of owned by the folk."

            ---Henry Jenkins, director of media studies, MIT

          • Cathleen
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
              I have made Kaylee aware and she is getting her email problem fixed. She will be in contact with you soon.

              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Barbara Rich <aelfwina@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > >
              > > The second list, it's entirely possible that these people know they
              > > were nominated and are making good progress. I'm a little concerned
              > > that they may not know our deadline is coming or that there's
              > > something else they still need to do, but on the other hand, they *do*
              > > still have time to tie up those loose threads. Meaning there are still
              > > very legitimate reasons for their forms not to be done yet. I have
              > > left off veteran MEFA members who I'm confident know what they need to
              > > do as well as people who are 100% done with most of their nominations.
              > >
              > > In any event, if you see your name listed get in touch with your
              > > liaison. And if you see a name listed of someone you know, especially
              > > on the first list, have them get in touch, too. Authors should have
              > > also received an email by me earlier today listing what nominations
              > > were good to go and which ones still needed work.

            • Sivan Shemesh
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
                I already wrote to rosethorn59 and even txt her, but i have no idea if she saw it, i didn't hear from her, so hopefully by the weekend...

                *Hugs*

                Sivan Shemesh

                http://www.fanfiction.net/u/439186/ - Non-slash mostly LOTR
                http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1520913/SivanShemesh2 - Only Magnificent 7 stories
                http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sivan325%c2%a0 - My shop at Etsy

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
                  Hi there, Kaylee Arafinwiel here. I finally got my email working. It took literally all day. However, I don't seem to be able to log in :( Help? Oh, also I emailed Elliska. I'm so excited to be nominated again! :)

                  Kaylee

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 1, 2011
                    And ten hours later, I managed to get my email running...Thanks so much
                    Barbara! Hope your birthday went well :) *huggles muchly*

                    Kaylee Arafinwiel
> [...]
                    >>
                    >> The second list, it's entirely possible that these people know they
                    >> were nominated and are making good progress. I'm a little concerned
                    >> that they may not know our deadline is coming or that there's
                    >> something else they still need to do, but on the other hand, they *do*
                    >> still have time to tie up those loose threads. Meaning there are still
                    >> very legitimate reasons for their forms not to be done yet. I have
                    >> left off veteran MEFA members who I'm confident know what they need to
                    >> do as well as people who are 100% done with most of their nominations.
                    >>
                    >> In any event, if you see your name listed get in touch with your
                    >> liaison. And if you see a name listed of someone you know, especially
                    >> on the first list, have them get in touch, too. Authors should have
                    >> also received an email by me earlier today listing what nominations
                    >> were good to go and which ones still needed work.

                  • elhanan_austin
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                      I sent Nekomitsu an email and Rhapsody (her nominator) also has tried to contact her but so far I haven't heard from her. So if anyone else knows her, please let her know. Thanks.

                      Fiondil
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                        Thanks for checking in!

                        Marta

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                          On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 4:02 PM, Henriette Heeren-Hummel <
                          h.j.heerenhummel@...> wrote:

                          > **
                          >

                          > Hello all,
                          >
                          > I�ve tried to alert Gwynnyd and DrummerWench per Garden of Ithillien, both
                          > in private messages and the appropiate boards. I hope this helps.
                          >
                          > Haarajot

                          Thanks, Haarajot. I've heard from both of them.

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011

                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                              Thanks, Cathleen. I've marked her off over at LJ, as having been contacted.

                              Marta

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                                And now that my email finally works *pokes it in frustration for its stupidity* my forms are done! I also contacted my liason.

                                Kaylee Arafinwiel

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jul 2, 2011
                                  Hi Kaylee,

                                  I don't replying publicly to this, since it's useful to a lot of people I
                                  think. It's one of the most common questions I get asked.

                                  For security reasons I can't see any member's password, but you can see it
                                  yourself. Just

                                  --- (1) Visit www.mefawards.org/
                                  --- (2) Click the "Log in" link.
                                  --- (3) Click the "Forgot Your Password?" link.
                                  --- (4) Enter your email address.

                                  This will reset your password to some random string of letters and numbers,
                                  which will be emailed to you. Then

                                  --- (5) Log in to www.mefawards.org using that new password and your email
                                  address.
                                  --- (6) Select "Your MEFA Account Settings" from the Members menu.
                                  --- (7) Click "Edit Your Account Information."
                                  --- (8) At the bottom of the page, enter the password you prefer and save
                                  the form.

                                  This will be your password for the next time you need to log in. Then:

                                  --- (9) Select "Your Nominations" from the Nominations menu.
                                  --- (10) Click the "Form" link beside the nomination you want to work on.

                                  From here, just follow the instructions on the form to tell us about your
                                  nomination.

                                  Btw, that works for anyone who is having a hard time logging in to our
                                  website.