[ADMIN] calling all volunteers - again

    Message 1 of 1 , May 18 7:51 PM

      The 2011 awards will start soon, and we're still a little short on the
      volunteers. Here are the jobs I still have available, listed more or
      less in how badly we need people to carry them out.

      . BANNER COORDINATOR. The banner coordinator basically makes sure
      banners are run smoothly. You don't have to make banners yourself,
      though you can if you want to. It's your job to make sure banners are
      properly labeled and meet our rules (for example, that they are
      roughly the right size and that they don't use copyrighted art.

      You also would be a sort of first line of support for people with
      banner-related questions - authors but also banner makers who aren't
      quite sure how to do things. And anything else you want to do
      regarding banners to make that part of the awards run smoother, I'm
      more than happy to talk about the idea.

      . RATINGS PANEL. Whenever authors aren't sure what to give a story,
      they can submit it to what's called the rating panel. This is a group
      of three members who will read it and recommend a rating. Currently,
      we don't have ANY volunteers for the ratings panel. Basically, you
      just need to be willing to read a story that may not (or may!) be your
      cup of Earl Grey, and say what you think the rating should be. For
      longer stories, we usually ask the author to submit a chapter or two
      along with a summary of what's going on before and after the parts
      they wanted the panel to look at in particular.

      . AUTHOR LIAISONS. Currently we only have six liaisons. That's less
      than last year and I'd like to get a few more people involved.
      Liaisons essentially work with with authors to help them tell us about
      their stories and get them ready to compete. This means knowing some
      basic details about story eligibility (but you can always ask me - I
      tend to focus most on answering liaison's questions during
      nominations) and having the time to work with authors. But it's an
      incredibly rewarding experience, to give good news to authors and
      maybe introduce them to the MEFAs for the first time.