donations drive

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2010

      As you know, the MEFAs are run mostly by volunteers who share their time and
      talents to make the awards run smoother every year. People don't participate
      in the MEFAs - as volunteers or authors - for the money. There simply isn't
      any. But the company that provides our web space does occasionally expect us
      to pay them. :-) So every year around this time we collect donations so we
      can pay their fees.

      Any donations will be used to pay official site expenses like our web site
      fees. You can pay by debit/credit card using Paypal (which is quite secure,
      and we will never see your information). Use the button at

      http://community.livejournal.com/mefas/264036.html

      If you prefer you can also mail me cash or check and I will make the
      donation on your behalf. Email me at mefasupportATgmailDOTcom and I will
      send you my address.

      Don't worry if you can't donate to us. Some of you are students on limited
      budgets. And with the bad economy, I am sure many people are having a hard
      time affording all the things they need and want to do. If you don't feel
      you can afford to donate, you can also support the awards by finding good
      fic to nominate next year and participating in any capacity when the time
      comes. But for those of you who do want to chip in for site expenses, now's
      the time.

      (Now's not the only time. You can donate whenever you have the money. But I
      try to only show up with my hand out once a year.)

      Also, a reminder about some upcoming deadlines:

      ==> If you want a banner customized, get that request in by Dec. 31. Request
      a banner at http://community.livejournal.com/mefas/257523.html

      ==> If you want to reply to a review, remember that also should be done by
      Dec. 31. After that we may not forward your review until next summer.

      ==> Got a suggestion for 2011? Submit it at
      http://community.livejournal.com/mefas/193869.html by Jan. 15.