Re: [MEFAwards] ADMIN - 2010 awards - thank you to volunteers and reviewers!

  • Marlyn Bumpus
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 16, 2010
      Hi there!

      I think our MEFA volunteer team is the best group of folks in fandom to have made this year's awards go so very smoothly. This is a huge project, and I'm always amazed at how well things go. You all deserve a huge round of applause for all you do and all you have done. Take a bow!!

      Last year, I didn't get through my thank-you cards either - BAD Aeärwen! So, just in case this year turns out the same way, please allow me to thank everyone who reviewed one of my stories. Your kind words were very much appreciated, as was the time you took in reading them to begin with. I don't want anybody to think that I'm not thrilled with each and every review, because I *am*!!

      And thank you to all our reviewers. There was a wealth of real quality writing to choose from this year, and the number of reviews trickling into my inbox everyday was a real treat to browse. Sometimes those comments made me want to go take a peek at a story I hadn't marked before, and I found some real gems I might have overlooked.

      I hope everyone has a great holiday season, and may our MEFA admins now get a chance to sit back and take a deep breath and relax. You all did good!

      Cuio mae.

      Aeärwen

      On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 8:26 AM, dwimmer_laik <dwimmer_laik@...>wrote:

      > Many thanks to the volunteers who checked web forms, helped those who
      > needed help with technology or other questions, posted reviews, passed along
      > reviews, served on the ratings panel, or kept the website running smoothly!
      >
      > Last year, I thought I'd get through all my thank-you cards, but failed. So
      > this year, let me just say "thank you" to all those who reviewed one of my
      > stories - I do intend to write a more personalized thank you card, but I
      > know how far intentions got me last year (exactly halfway through that list)
      > and don't want to give the impression that I didn't appreciate your taking
      > the time to comment.
      >
      > And thanks to those who reviewed in general - it's fun to read comments,
      > and sometimes another reviewer's comments moved me to go read a story whose
      > summary might not have grabbed me otherwise.
      >
      > Happy holidays to all!

    • Ellin Ithilwen
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 17, 2010
        > On Wed, 12/15/10, Marta <marta.fandom@...> wrote:
        > HAVE YOU HUGGED A MEFA VOLUNTEER TODAY?

        Not yet, but I'm sending a big hug to all the voluneers right now, and the biggest to Marta, who really does a huge job. *hug and kiss*

        Ellyn

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 17, 2010
          A most enjoyable year, and thanks particularly to Marta for her work and to
          Foxrafer as my liaison this year. Both are outstanding!
          Bonnie L. Sherrell
          Teacher at Large

          "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

          "Don't go where I can't follow."
        • raksha022002
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 17, 2010
            It's been a good season; and I heartily congratulate and thank Marta & the MEFA Volunteers - Praise Them With Great Praise!

            Raksha the Demon
          • mvoltfan
            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 18, 2010
              Special thanks to these volunteers:

              MARTA, who helped me when I accidentally reviewed the wrong story - not once, but twice! - and was still graciously fixing my mistakes after voting had closed.

              FOXRAFER, for channeling people's responses to my reviews and for forwarding my responses to other people's reviews, even when I addressed them incorrectly.

              DWIMORDENE, for being a really awesome story liaison on my three stories and helping me finalize them for the MEFAs.

              Everybody who made these MEFAs possible was amazing.
            • Abigail
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 19, 2010
                Thanks to everyone who put hard work into these awards, everything was amazing xx