ADMIN - Last Call to Join Up

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2010

      The 2010 awards end in approximately two weeks, on December 15. There's
      still time to get some votes in, and I encourage you to do that. But before
      you can vote, you need an account at our site. So this week I'd like to talk
      about different types of accounts, and how you get them set up.

      ***************************************

      WHAT TYPES OF ACCOUNTS ARE THERE? HOW DO I GET ONE?

      There are two main types of accounts:

      ==> author accounts
      These last for one year. They are set up automatically for you whenever your
      story is nominated.

      ==> permanent accounts (sometimes called MEFAwards accounts)
      These last from year to year. To get one, you must first join the MEFAwards
      Yahoo group. You will then be sent a questionnaire. When you answer that, a
      volunteer will check that you don't already have an account. You will then
      be sent a password and username by our volunteer - usually within
      twenty-four hours of receiving your questionnaire.

      WHAT CAN THESE ACCOUNTS DO?

      Author accounts can vote for stories by other people, and can use site
      functions like the story list, wish and skip lists. They can also reply to
      the reviews written for their stories.

      Permanent accounts can do everything that author accounts can do, but during
      the nominations portion of the awards they can also nominate stories.

      Some volunteers receive a second account to help them do their work for the
      awards, for technical reasons. However, these votes cannot nominate or vote
      for stories.

      WHY DO I HAVE TO JOIN A YAHOO GROUP TO GET A PERMANENT ACCOUNT?

      We need to occasionally make announcements that we know everyone will
      receive. The easiest way to do that is by email. That is why we require
      everyone to join the Yahoo group [MEFAwards], to facilitate this. Also, it
      helps us to make sure everyone involved only has one account at our website.

      Your Yahoo username and password are not tied to your account information at
      our website. You may, if you choose to, make the two passwords match; but if
      you change one it will not automatically change the other. While you have to
      be a member of the Yahoo group, you cannot use that information to log in to
      our website before your account has been set up.

      HELP! I CAN'T LOG IN

      If you have logged in before and just can't access your account, go to
      http://www.mefawards.net/MEFA2010/ and click the "Forgotten Password?" link.
      This will take you to a form you can use to have your password automatically
      sent to the email address you are registered with.

      New MEFAwards members: If you do not receive a password within 2-3 days of
      sending in your questionnaire, email me at mefasupportATmefawardsDOTnet. I
      will reply back with your password. Preferably, you should email me from the
      email address you are registered with.

      Authors from Previous Years: If you were nominated in 2009 or before, and if
      you never joined the [MEFAwards] Yahoo group, then your account was deleted
      at the end of the year when your story was nominated.

      ==> If you were re-nominated in 2010: you have a new author's account, but
      with a different password than you had in previous years. You should have
      used this password to tell us about your story. If you don't remember it,
      request it using the same methods described above under "If you have logged
      in before."

      ==> If you were *not* re-nominated in 2010, you no longer have an account.
      You can vote for stories if you join the MEFAwards Yahoo group, once your
      new account is set up.

      P.S. - Remember, all reviews must be entered into the
      mefawards.net/MEFA2010/ website BY DECEMBER 15, at 11:59 PM GMT. Note that
      this is *not* in your local time zone.

      P.P.S. - If you have draft reviews and you want them counted, remember to
      change them to hidden or final status by that same deadline. More on that
      next week.

      P.P.P.S. - Annmarwalk is sending out the reviews by email, using the
      [mefa-reviews] Yahoo group and the [mefas] LJ community if you want to read
      them using your friends' list.

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2010
        Hi, Marta and everyone at the MEFAs. I really would like to get some votes
        in, but my adoption journey is finally coming to fruition. In fact, I'm
        leaving for Poland in 2 days! And I'll be gone for 6 weeks. But I'm glad
        to see the MEFAs are still alive and well. Keep up the good work!

        Ainaechoiriel

        _____