Anybody else getting a server error from HASA?

  • dwimmer_laik
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
      "Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not have a mapping to process this request."

      I'm getting that error message. Anybody else?

      Dwim
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
        Yes, I've been getting the same error today. So, I've been reading where I can
        get on instead. Always frustrating!

        Larner

        --Original Message Text---
        From: dwimmer_laik
        Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 23:56:14 -0000

      • isisrising08@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
          I got that error this evening also. Anyone know what's happening at HASA?

          Sandra Graves, Isis Rising
          IsisRising08 @ aol.com
          Artistic Endeavors with Wings of Light

          Blog at _http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/_
          (http://sandragravesisisrising.blogspot.com/)

          Stormcloud Trading Co (Beadstorm)
          More than "Just" a Beadstore
          <_http://www.beadstorm.com/_ (http://www.beadstorm.com/) >
          Saint Paul, Minnesota USA
          651-645-0343

        • Elena Tiriel
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
            I've sent an email to HASA tech support, in case no one else has.

            - Barbara

          • mvoltfan
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
              You're brilliant, you know that, right? I mean it. So often this stuff happens and everyone talks about it without anyone trying to contact the people in charge. 8D

              Meanwhile, yeah, I'm having the same problem, and was initially told about it by someone from ff.net who messaged me to find out if I knew what was going on. (S)he had followed a link to HASA and was happily reading Orc stories when the server error started. A cruel fate indeed!

              --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Elena Tiriel <ElenaTiriel@...> wrote:

              > I've sent an email to HASA tech support, in case no one else has.
              >
              > - Barbara

            • Barbara Rich
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                I was earlier today. I tried three stories before I realized it was HASA
                they had in common.

                Dreamflower

                On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM, dwimmer_laik <dwimmer_laik@...> wrote:

                > "Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not
                > have a mapping to process this request."
                >
                > I'm getting that error message. Anybody else?
                >
                > Dwim

              • Laura
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                  I just got on and pulled up a few stories. It seems to be working now. Though earlier this week, I kept getting this > That's all. Just a white screen and a greater than sign. Go figure. Actually, didn't Raksha mention a similar problem about a month or so ago? Maybe it's related...

                  Thundera Tiger

                  "No one can get the truth out of me because even I don't know what it is. I keep myself in a constant state of utter confusion."
                  Colonel Flagg - M*A*S*H
                • telperion1
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                    On 8/3/2010 7:56 PM, dwimmer_laik wrote:

                    > "Either the Macromedia application server is unreachable or it does not
                    > have a mapping to process this request."
                    >
                    > I'm getting that error message. Anybody else?
                    >
                    > Dwim

                    Hi Dwim and everyone else,

                    Thanks for alerting us to this problem. You're not the only one,
                    obviously. I tried to access the site about 11:45 PM EDT, with an error
                    message saying the website is unavailable. Then around 12:15 AM EDT
                    (just a few minutes ago) I did a test. I searched Google for
                    "site:henneth-annun.net marta". This brings up the HASA pages listing
                    me, including several stories. Clicking on the little "Cached" link
                    beside the page title showed me what Google described as "a snapshot of
                    the page as it appeared on Jul 29, 2010 04:51:54 GMT." I could then
                    click on links to get to other HASA pages without difficulty. I don't
                    know if HASA has since fixed the technical problem, or if I stumbled on
                    a way around the mapping error you mentioned above.

                    I'd appreciate it if people could keep an eye on this site. If it is
                    still giving people trouble in a few days, we can look into changing the
                    URLs like we did for SOA. In the meantime, if epople have alternate
                    non-HASA URLs and want me to switch their links, just email me the story
                    #, story title, and new URLs. I'll get it done as quickly as possible.

                    (FYI, I have a RL obligation and am traveling on Thurssday, and so I may
                    not get the changes made right away. But I'll do it as quickly as I can.)

                    P.S. @ Elena Tiriel: Thanks for contacting Ang. I don't want to pester
                    her with another email to reply to, but please do keep me up to date on
                    whatever you hear. I appreciate it.

                    Marta
                  • Elena Tiriel
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                      Marta,

                      I'm so sorry that I dropped the ball and didn't give you a status update
                      right away. Ang brought HASA back up within minutes of my reporting it early
                      this evening.

                      The server restarts have been very frustrating for her, as you might well
                      imagine!

                      - Barbara

                    • telperion1
                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 3, 2010
                        Hi Barbara,

                        Thanks for the update. :-) And no worries about the "delay" - you're
                        doing a public service by getting us the news at all.

                        I can imagine it is *very* frustrating to have problems with a project
                        you work hard on, but moreso for webmasters than anyone else. Technical
                        development is such a labor of love, involving *at least* as much work
                        and creativity as fanfic-writing, but people take the sites for granted
                        unless there's a problem. And aside from that, problems that aren't your
                        fault and you can't track down why? No fun at all.

                        Marta

                      • isisrising08@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 5, 2010
                          I tried this morning (Thursday am) and again was unable to access. <sigh>

                          Sandra Graves - Erulisse (one L)
                          Isis Rising

                          Website at _http://IsisRising08.com_ (http://isisrising08.com/)