Hard-to-Reach Authors - Week 2

  • telperion1
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010

      Here is this week's list of hard-to-reach authors:

      --- Crantz/Snacky CoAuthors (liaison: aranelgoldenflower,
      peregrin_ionadATyahooDOTcoDOTuk)
      --- Elvenson (liaison: Marta, martaDOTfandomATgmailDOTcom)
      --- j_dav (JDE) (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      --- Liadan (liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcatATyahooDOTcom)
      --- Llinos (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      --- Mortizya (liaison: DlnevinsATearthlinkDOTnet)
      --- pippinfan88 (liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
      --- Raniel42 (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      --- rosethorn59 (liaison: elliska, elliska67ATyahooDOTcom)
      --- Tehta (liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laikATyahooDOTcom)
      --- viv (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwinaATgmailDOTcom)

      They have all been nominated at least a week and (according to my records at
      least!) have not given us any indication that they *know* they've been
      nominated. Now, there are several reasons for that. For instance, the author
      could be out of touch temporarily (it is the start of summer), or one
      volunteer may not have gotten the word to another volunteer yet. These
      authors haven't done anything wrong, and there's no need for alarm yet; we
      still have a bit of time.

      --- All nominations must be 100% completed by June 21. That includes fixing
      any mistakes found on the form, so it's good to try to finish the form a few
      days before that deadline.

      --- All nominated authors must give some indication they know they were
      nominated, within two weeks of being nominated. This can mean starting the
      form or emailing the liaison. If they don't, the nomination *may* be
      withdrawn, at our discretion. (You don't have to be done within two weeks,
      you just have to get started.)

      So even if you see your name above, there's still time to accept the
      nomination. But if you know any of these authors, you may want to drop them
      a line and make sure they know they've been nominated. Authors, if you see
      your name listed, please contact your liaison for help with your nomination,
      or mefasupportATgmailDOTcom for help logging in to our website. We'll help
      you get the ball rolling.

      Thanks,

      Marta (MEFA Admin.)
    • Dawn Felagund
      Message 2 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
        Crantz and Snacky are friends of my SWG co-mod Tarion Anarore, so I'll drop
        them both a note at the email addresses that I have for them for Back to
        Middle-earth Month, and I'll see if Tarion has a way to get in touch with
        them too.

        viv and I are Facebook friends, so I'll leave her a message when I get home
        from work.

        JDE/j_dav might not be involved in the fandom anymore. I'm not sure. But
        I'll try all of my contacts for her and see if I can get any results.

        Dawn

        --
        ~oOo~
        Dawn Felagund

      • Diana Nevins
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
          Mortizya has been in communication with me, Marta. She can't access the website to work on her form, though.

          I've tried to reach Tehta, but have not heard back from her. She's not around much any more, so I doubt we'll get a response before the deadline has passed, unfortunately.

          Ithilwen

          Message 4 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
            I don't understand this list how to get off it?

            > Mortizya has been in communication with me, Marta. She can't access the
            > website to work on her form, though.
            >
            > I've tried to reach Tehta, but have not heard back from her. She's not
            > around much any more, so I doubt we'll get a response before the deadline
            > has passed, unfortunately.
            >
            > Ithilwen

          • telperion1
            Message 5 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
              Hi Devona,

              The authors on this list have all been nominated for a while, and I'm not sure they *know* they've been nominated. They haven't begun the form at our website where they tell us about their story, and they haven't told their liaison they want to compete.

              At least in theory. It's possible there's a screw-up somewhere along the line - for instance, sometimes statuses don't get updated correctly, and sometimes volunteers don't communicate as well as they should.

              To get off the list you just need to tell us you know you've been nominated. If you'll tell me your name, I'll make sure you don't appear on next week's list. You can also keep yourself off future lists by beginning your form at our website and changing the status at the bottom of the form to something other than "Email sent to author."

            • telperion1
              Message 6 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
                Hi Dawn,

                Thanks for doing all this. If you actually get in touch with any of them,
                let me know and I'll annotate the list over at LJ, saying they've been
                contacted.

                Message 7 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
                  Hi Ithilwen,

                  Thanks for letting me know. I've updated the list over at LJ, to show Mortizya is taken care of so other people won't try to email her. Hopefully.

                  If you hear back from Tehta let me know.

                • Devona
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
                    Would you send me website address please.

                  • telperion1
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jun 1, 2010
                      Hi Devona,

                      You can find our website at

                      www.mefawards.net/MEFA2010/

                      You will need a password to log in. You may be able to retrieve this using the "Forgotten password?" link. Alternately, if you'll give me your name at our site, I will email you your password privately. (I gather you're one of the authors listed below; let me know which one and I can look up your info. for you.)

                    • peregrin_ionad
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                        Thanks Dawn :D

                        Crantz and Snacky have got in touch. I think the MEFA email just hit the spam box.

                        Pip

                        Message 11 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                          Hooray! One round of harassment worked. ;) Here's to hoping the other
                          authors I contacted yesterday get in touch as well. Being familiar with all
                          of their work, I would love to see them compete. :)

                          Dawn

                          Message 12 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                            Coolness. :-) I've marked their names off on the list over at the mefas LJ.

                          • Olorimë
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jun 2, 2010
                              I know that Liadan knows she has been nominated. She's been having some technical issues and security issues with her hardware and she told me she never received the email from her liaison. I'll keep you updated, and I'll try to reach JDav, she has retired from the fandom, but I believe she wouldn't mind knowing her story was nominated.

                              Thanks,

                              Olorimë
                            • telperion1
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jun 3, 2010
                                Hi Olorime,

                                Thanks for letting me know. I've changed the post over at LJ, to say that
                                Liadan has been contacted. But anything you can do to help her along would
                                be great. You can also tell her to contact me if she needs help.