Re: Three cheers

  • elvishwriter
    Message 1 of 32 , Jan 3, 2010
      This too was my first year participating and probably will be my last. Unlike Ellin I experienced none of the joys she had with this. Instead all I got back was silence unless I asked a question to which I will say thank you to those of you who had responded to them. I'm also appreciative of the two wonderful souls who took the time to read and give my story a review even though I have yet to complete it.

      As for my reviewing of other stories I decided it wasn't worth the time towards the end. It's hard to participate in something when you feel it only leaves you farther behind the others.

      Elvish Writer

      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Ellin Ithilwen <ellin_revenger@...> wrote:

      > Let this newbie say a few more words. :) No, I am not new to fanfiction, but this year is the first time that I participated actively in MEFAwards. What I really like about MEFA and fanfiction - apart from reading beautiful stories, laughing and crying with all those wonderful characters in stories - is that I am able to find new friends all over the world. We may be thousands of kilometers apart, but there are some of you that I feel like we are really close. *hugs* The bonds between many of us are real and strong, and there are some of you that I can call friends.
      > Unfortunately, RL is merciless and day lasts only 24 hours, so there is no time to get to know all of you; as Bilbo says - "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like." :(
      >
      > Ok, I'll make my speech "nice and short" (another LotR quote :) ), so I'll finish it. Thank you for making this year so special - all the authors, reviewers, and of course, big thanks for all those who made all this possible - admins and volunteers. Big hug for everyone! :)
      >
      > Bye,
      >
      > Ellynn

    • alassante7
      Message 32 of 32 , Jan 4, 2010
        Elvish Writer -

        I'm sorry you had a bad experience with MEFAs and I'm sure that once in awhile people do have problems or feel lost in the whole process of this contest. As someone who has participated for the last four years, I can say that this contest has grown into a well-oiled machine as far as how well it operates. But no group is perfect of course. I'm sure that no one meant to make you feel left out or that you were 'farther behind the others'. Everyone I've dealt with seems to try really hard to make this contest fun and run smoothly. If you had a different experience than others, I would say that it was definately a rarity rather than the norm. Maybe you should give it another chance next year before making your decision to never participate again.