Re: hard to reach authors - 07 June

  • Nancy Brooke
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
      Al, if you don't have SML's RL e-mail, I do. If you want me to drop a line there, let me know.

      Nancy Brooke

      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "alassante7" <alassante7@...> wrote:

      > I'll try to contact Dancing Katz, Gwynnyd, and SilverMoonLady.
      >
      > --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Marta <marta.fandom@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hey guys,
      > >
      > > Another week has passed, which means it's time for another round-up of
      > > authors that we haven't heard from. The list below includes (in
      > > theory) authors who had at least one story nominated more than a week
      > > ago, and who have not contacted their liaison, begun their forms, or
      > > otherwise indicated that they know they've been nominated.
      > >
      > > The bulk of these authors probably have not received their
      > > notification email because it was treated with spam. However, there
      > > are other good reasons why an author would be on this list -- perhaps
      > > they are still debating whether to compete or not, or perhaps there
      > > was miscommunication between the liaisons and myself, for instance.
      > > This list isn't intended as a scarlet letter of sorts; it's just a
      > > safety-net to catch authors before their nominations are withdrawn
      > > because they didn't get in touch with us.
      > >
      > > If you do see your name listed below, please contact the liaison
      > > listed to make sure there isn't a problem. If you don't hear back in a
      > > few days please email me: mefasupport-at-mefawards-dot-net.
      > >
      > > Here is this week's hard-to-reach authors list.
      > >
      > > Claudia (liaison: elliska, elliska67-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > dancingkatz (liaison: elliska, elliska67-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > Eggo Waffles (liaison: Dwimordene, dwimmer_laik-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > Galadriel (liaison: elliska, elliska67-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > Golden (liaison: brindlemom2(Gilnaur), brindlemom2-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > Gwynnyd (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwina-at-gmail-dot-com)
      > > Indigo Bunting (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwina-at-gmail-dot-com)
      > > mir_noldoris (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwina-at-gmail-dot-com)
      > > PeppyPower (liaison: elea24, elea24-at-googlemail-dot-com)
      > > Rianiel (liaison: elliska, elliska67-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > Ribby (liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcat-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > SilverMoonLady (liaison: Cathleen, virginia_lee_redcat-at-yahoo-dot-com)
      > > ThinkingLady-Marethiel (liaison: Linaewen, marggrenawalt-at-sbcglobal-dot-net)
      > > White Wolf (liaison: Dreamflower, aelfwina-at-gmail-dot-com)
      > >
      > > As always, thanks for your help.
      > >
      > > P.S. - I will be out of contact for a few days mid-week, so I may be
      > > slow answering emails; but I will get back to you. :-)
      > >
      > > Marta
      > > (MEFA Admin.)

    • Ellin Revenger
      Message 2 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
        I got in touch with Dancingkatz; she says that probably her spam filter caused troubles, so she'll check again. Anyway, I gave her the email address of her liaison, so I hope everything will work out fine. :)

        Message 3 of 18 , Jun 8, 2009
          I did that today, so we'll see if that helps. Thanks!

          Lin

          --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, Diana Nevins <dlnevins@...> wrote:

          > You might try dropping her a note in her LJ (she's vulgarweed over there).
          >
          > Ithilwen

        • Diana Nevins
          Message 4 of 18 , Jun 9, 2009
            Mir_noldoris has told me she's emailed her liaison Dreamflower and hasn't received an answer. What should her next step be? She's definitely interested in participating in the MEFAs!

            Ithilwen

            Message 5 of 18 , Jun 9, 2009
              Hiya Ithilwen,

              Thanks for the help! As one of her nominations is by yours truly I
              have a personal interest in getting her finalized *g*, but of course I
              want to see all good stories in the awards - better reading for me and
              everyone else.

              Mir (and every author) needs to do three things: officially confirm
              they want to compete; actually fill out the form; and let us know they
              are through with the form. The last two can be done by the website --
              obviously the form is filled out there, and Mir can include a note
              along the lines of "I am satisfied with this form" in the nomination
              notes section of the field. She should also make sure she selects the
              "author satisfied with form" status at the bottom of the form.

              That still leaves officially accepting the nomination. I know Mir told
              me that she would accept at least one of the nominations, before I
              nominated her, but if she could email me again that would be great.
              Ideally she should email me at mefasupport-at-mefawards-dot-net, and
              she should say something along the line of "I accept my nominations
              for 'Sight' and 'Two'." Usually authors email something along these
              lines to the liaison, but if we're concerned about messages getting
              caught by overactive spam traps or whatever... I'll be happy to accept
              the email and let Dreamflower know I received it so things can move
              forward.

              Also, Dreamflower may have concerns about the form that need to be
              fixed. (Or I may have them when I finalize the nomination.) We really
              do need a way to get through to the author, but this doesn't have to
              be by email. I know Mir and Dreamflower are both on LJ; in the past,
              authors and liaisons in this situation have sometimes left comments on
              each others' most recent posts, or have even set up a special post
              where they could trade messages. Would something like that work better
              for Mir?

              Marta

              On 6/9/09, Diana Nevins <dlnevins@...> wrote:
              > Mir_noldoris has told me she's emailed her liaison Dreamflower and hasn't
              > received an answer. What should her next step be? She's definitely
              > interested in participating in the MEFAs!
              >
              > Ithilwen

            • Diana Nevins
              Message 6 of 18 , Jun 9, 2009
                Thanks, Marta! I'll have Mir get in touch with you ASAP, so the nominations can be officially accepted. It may turn out that reaching her via LJ works best; I'll definitely ask her (as well as pass on the information you gave below).