9797Re: [MEFAwards] Re: IMPORTANT: Changes for 2009 Awards

    May 1, 2009
      pandemonium_213 wrote:

      > > Hmm, examples... pandemonium_ 213 actually jumps to mind. His "The
      > > Apprentice" and many of his Eregion fics. Because while there are
      > > undoubtedly drama and humor and action elements, the feature I really
      > > come away from those stories with is world-building, or
      > > character-building.
      >
      > What a minute! Since when did I become a guy? ;^)

      *chuckles* Apparently Annatar has been up to some rather weird sorcerery
      in Eregion. Celebrimbor is most concerned that he'll end up in the
      opposite situation, something Galadriel would *definitely* never let him
      hear the end of.

      (Feel free to consider the above as a crackfic!nuzgul tossed firmly in
      your direction...)

      Seriously, I am *awful* with pronouns. The part my brain that stores
      gender-associations (whether someone is male or female) doesn't connect
      with the part that handles pronouns, I think. (Tanaqui can attest to
      this fact, actually, as she's definitely seen me use the wrong pronoun
      before; I'm infamous for it.) It's created some rather "interesting"
      moments with a transgendered friend of mine. Thankfully he has a great
      sense of humor; he understands that it's a language issue more than a
      gender-identity issue and so he's cool with it.

      Anyway, my apologies, and please know that it was the result of a brain
      slightly addled by the end of term. :-)