6426Re: [MEFAwards] Movie-verse versus Bookverse (Re: Question concerning Dwim's list)

  • rabidsamfan
    Dec 2, 2005
      If every author agrees that their story is one or the other it's no biggie,
      but I think it's possible that some authors will balk at having to choose to
      cram what they've written one direction or the other. And since we're using
      source information to group similar stories together there's room for some
      flexibility. If nine stories come in where the authors say that they've
      blended film and book deliberately, that's enough for a "Great Years -
      blends of book and film" group. But if there are only three authors who say
      "it's a blend" then those stories could be assorted into more precise
      times, eg, one each into "Battle of Helm's Deep", "Journey down the Great
      River" and "Cormallen". How the final assortment will work out is going to
      depend on the stories which are nominated, because it's impossible to
      predict numbers. But good data is everything. It doesn't hurt to ask
      authors what they think.

      <omits long paragraph about how she splits the material down because it
      would just turn into a wrangle>