      From: Cats and Werecats [mailto:tashenubaste@...]
      Sent: Friday, October 01, 2004 1:54 AM
      To: MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [MEFAwards] Re: In other news....

      *coming out of lurkdome since the subject of cats has arisen.*

      >I had a cat that almost died due to fleas; not from an allergic reaction,
      but because he was injured and they sucked him dry.

      My 1-year-old, Zmrzlina, nearly died at 7 weeks because the had nearly
      sucked her dry. She had 4% red blood cells. She's a miracle baby. The vet
      really was surprised she survived and I think that a lot of that has to do
      with all the people who prayed for her. She got a middle name after that:
      Raphaelle "healed by God".

      I'm pro holistic when it comes to cat care. However, with fleas in a
      multi-cat household like mine, I say "nuke 'em" and use Frontline (NCI). If
      you are interested, I have a few herbal/holistic tips stored somewhere in my

      >I used to take my cat Garfield on a leash. Fat, orange tabby, with a
      cattitude, if you get the meaning. He's not named Garfield without good

      >He embarrassed me too many times...

      ;-) I think you'd have had to start pretty early with the leash training.
      This particular cat of mine is 9 years old.

      MEFA Admin and Founder

      http://gabrielle.sytes.net/mefa The Middle-Earth Fanfiction Awards
      Blog: http://www.ainaechoiriel.blogspot.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic