2269RE: [MEFAwards] Re: In other news....

  • Cats and Werecats
    Sep 30, 2004
      *coming out of lurkdome since the subject of cats has arisen.*

      I had a cat that almost died due to fleas; not from an allergic
      reaction, but because he was injured and they sucked him dry.
      I'm pro holistic when it comes to cat care. However, with fleas
      in a multi-cat household like mine, I say "nuke 'em" and use
      Frontline (NCI). If you are interested, I have a few
      herbal/holistic tips stored somewhere in my PC.

      I used to take my cat Garfield on a leash. Fat, orange tabby,
      with a cattitude, if you get the meaning. He's not named
      Garfield without good reason.

      He embarrassed me too many times...

      Werecat

      --- Ainaechoiriel <mefaadmin@...> wrote:

      > Flea collar don't work nearly as well as Advantage or
      > Frontline, but they
      > get expensive. A cat with flea allergies is so sensitive that
      > even one flea
      > will cause him to scratch until he bleads, or lose fur in
      > patches. One flea
      > tracked in from outside can live in the carpet and breed. So
      > none of my
      > cats go outside at all.
      >
      > Which is all rather moot anyway. How many of you have ever
      > tried to walk a
      > cat on a leash, let along job with one? (Besides, I don't
      > jog, though I can
      > walk faster than 4mph.)

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic