11319Re: Announcement from Aranel: Cancellation of MEFAs

  • Wheelrider
    Jul 4, 2012
      Adding my thanks to all the volunteers who have put so much of themselves into the MEFAs!

      It's unfortunate that there has been some acrimony, but it's a natural product of everyone caring so much about their contributions, and of the limitations of typing at one another. If we could have all gathered in a big room with a neutral moderator it might have gone down differently.

      It's also a fact that volunteer-based activities have high turnover -- in fact, they need to, to avoid burnout.

      But it sounds like things are evolving quickly past this.

      --- In MEFAwards@yahoogroups.com, "Aranel" <araneltook@...> wrote:
      > Hello everyone,
      > Thank you all for your words of support. It makes me feel much better about my decision and it means a lot to me the hear it. I was expecting to have to hide out in a Doomsday bunker. ;-)
      > I'm still sorry it had to end this way, but hopefully we can all move on now.
      > Thank you,
      > Aranel
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic