11313Re: [MEFAwards] Announcement from Aranel: Cancellation of MEFAs

    Jul 3, 2012
      I am not angry toward those who have worked to make the MEFAs happen, although I
      am understandably disappointed, particularly as I have been collecting stories
      I've wished to nominate for much of this last year!

      But I am more disappointed at those who made a mountain out of a few grains of
      sand, and who sent hate mail to our volunteers and administrators. It was poor
      return for all that they have done over the past few years to make the MEFAs an
      event to respect.

      Thank all of you once more for doing your best and indeed making the MEFAs a
      competition we have been for the most part proud to take part in. As one who
      has labored to write usable softward in dBase3+, I know how difficult it was to
      get a simple UPS program written so my husband could use it independently (he
      was totally blind). To do all that is involved in coding the site is amazing!
      Thank you all, and particularly Aranel and those who have helped her with the
      site, and Marta, who's kept the contest going all of these years. I bow to all
      of you!
      Bonnie L. Sherrell
      Teacher at Large

      "Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends." LOTR

      "Don't go where I can't follow."
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic