11308Re: [MEFAwards] Announcement from Aranel: Cancellation of MEFAs

  • Barbara Rich
    Jul 3, 2012
      Aranel, I think this year's MEFAs were just dumped on by Murphy's Law--
      perhaps a sign that they have run their course. I have loved and enjoyed
      them ever since they started and would be happy if a sudden miracle came
      along to fix everything. (Where's a fairy godmother when you need one?)

      But realistically it's not going to happen, and you have to do what you
      have to do.

      I hope that people will not go away with their heads hanging down and
      berating themselves; you, Marta, Elliska, Inkling, Tanaqui and others have
      done the heavy lifting of the MEFAs for years. There will be opportunities
      for something new-- I hope that everyone will take a breath and rest up if
      they need to-- but be glad to jump in and lend a hand when they are
      refreshed.

      While I am sad that we won't have one last season, I am not at all angry.

      Dreamflower