11301Re: a difficult decision, and a poll

  • Imhiriel
    Jul 3, 2012
      Dear Marta et al,

      I'm so very sorry to hear this. I haven't been involved in the MEFAS for some three years now because my hibernating muse precluded me from participating as an author, and RL prevented me from participating as a reviewer. But for some years before that, the MEFAS was THE big fandom event for me, and I loved it dearly - the stories, the reviews, whether I wrote them or read them, the awards, the archive, the community, everything.
      I have been following the discussion over the last several days, not feeling it my place to weigh in when I wasn't active myself, but feeling ever more sadder as it went on. And now your post is what I've been dreading while still hoping it might be resolved positively - but often such things take on a life of their own, don't they...

      In any case, please jot me down as someone who wants to see the MEFA awards extended at least for this year if possible.

      And thousand thanks to you and Aranel, and to all the other volunteers, for your hard work and dedication during all this time, and also quick and friendly responsiveness, that has made the MEFAS such a joy to be involved in. I hope that despite the contentiousness and heartache you must be experiencing now, that at least you can derive gratification and pride from working on a project that made so many people creative and happy.

      Imhiriel