11296Re: Poll

  • surgeon_ruth
    Jul 3, 2012
      I have a suggestion which would require no new coding and no major re-hashing of policy: leave the ratings system as is, but remove the mandatory ratings panel review for stories rated '5' and trust the authors to rate their stories appropriately. Commit to a deadline for complaints (not allowing complaints after a certain date) and commit to a speedy turnaround on complaints (I think HASA lets you keep a story checked out for review for a week). Trust the ratings panel to recuse themselves when appropriate (to avoid appearance of bias and/or because they just don't have time one particular week).

      Requires no new coding on anyone's part, requires no re-work of the rating system, requires less work (most likely) for the ratings panel, and doesn't make those of us who've written stories with a 5 rating feel stigmatized.