#1011 Billboard going up in Wisconsin targeted

  • Peter Rosenholm
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20 4:49 PM
      #1011 Billboard going up in Wisconsin targeted

        The Billboard is going up.
           These billboards can vary and probably should but one thing to consider is that this huge 14' by 48' vinyl is reusable. The cost was a little over $4,000.00, half of that was for the vinyl and the other half was for displaying it for one month. So if it is moved and reused it will be half the price at $2000. It may be possible to add writing to this but I'm not sure.
           This started with Ken initially putting advertisement on his truck. Here is a link to a shielded room and these vehicle decal advertisements..... Added now is the Billboard:

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/28932432@N05/

           TI's from Michigan, Illinois and Wisconsin met to discuss his Idea and come up with a few design ideas and donations. Ken has put up the majority of the financing.  Donations would help keep this going with the hope of moving this from state to state. It is also hoped that this $4,000.00 investment can be turned into a million dollar one if the news media picks this up.
         Just so you know in Wisconsin the father of a young man who was shot by police had already put up a billboard simply showing a gun pointed at you and saying, "Should police be allowed to judge themselves", and below, "Brought to you by the family of Michael Bell", with their website MichaelBell.com. The billboard consisted of a gray background with black lettering. The issue was I believe that Wisconsin is the last state where the police judge themselves in criminal cases not the court system. The father did win a civil law suit. The unfortunate part was that along with the son dying an officer who was involved in a possible cover-up committed suicide.
          It created a big stir and there were news conferences. This is the goal of Ken and the other TIs who have worked on this project, to bring attention to the plight of all of us.
         The web site on the sign is, "areyoutargeted.com". Jeremy stated that he has beefed up his web site and is ready for the possible increase in traffic.
          It may well be one day that we can have a phone manned 24/7 like other crisis centers. The government is a many headed beast they may even fund it if enough attention is brought to what is happening to us.
          We still need donations so this can keep going. It isn't who gets the recognition it is a matter of bringing public awareness to our situation and ending it.

                                                                                     Peter Rosenholm

    • Deca
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21 8:02 PM
        this is great