Long live the MCA_Grimstad_2005 Yahoo group!

  • Mihai Daniel Frumuselu
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2005
      Dear Friends,

      I am back in Stockholm, Sweden and I am already missing you and the
      beautiful days at Grimstad, Norway. I hope you had a pleasant trip
      home and that you are also having nice memories from the course held
      at Høgskolen i Agder, Dømmesmoen.

      You may remember that I suggested we may keep in touch by making up
      an Internet group on Yahoo. Here it is: the "MCA_Grimstad_2005"
      group!

      On this group we may share research ideas, documents, as well as
      personal information, and we may make plans for future activities
      and reunions. We may share the photos and recordings that we made
      during the course at Grimstad, by uploading them in the "Photos"
      gallery in the menu on the left. You may also load them on other
      sites and in this case add the site link on the "Links" page in the
      same menu. (Those who choose a language different from English
      should, of course, use the corresponding links in the menu.)

      As far as I know, may upload 20MB as "Files" and 30MB in
      the "Photos" albums. I know these figure from other groups, and I
      will check if they are the same for our group too.

      You may be required to use a Yahoo address in order to join the
      group. If so, you may use your MCA Yahoo address, and then select
      your standard address to get the messages.

      Being the one who made up the group, I have been automatically
      made "group manager", but we may decide in common who is going to
      hold this position.

      Don't forget to update your Yahoo profile with personal information.
      As far as I know, this profile is common for all the Yahoo groups
      you may join.

      I can only wish you WELCOME! to our group and hope we will enjoy it
      as much as possible!

      Yours,
      Mihai
    • ninabratland
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2005
        --- In MCA_Grimstad_2005@yahoogroups.com, "Mihai Daniel Frumuselu"
        <mihai-daniel.frumuselu@h...> wrote:

        > Dear Friends,
        >
        > I am back in Stockholm, Sweden and I am already missing you and
        the
        > beautiful days at Grimstad, Norway. I hope you had a pleasant trip
        > home and that you are also having nice memories from the course
        held
        > at Høgskolen i Agder, Dømmesmoen.
        >
        > You may remember that I suggested we may keep in touch by making
        up
        > an Internet group on Yahoo. Here it is: the "MCA_Grimstad_2005"
        > group!
        >
        > On this group we may share research ideas, documents, as well as
        > personal information, and we may make plans for future activities
        > and reunions. We may share the photos and recordings that we made
        > during the course at Grimstad, by uploading them in the "Photos"
        > gallery in the menu on the left. You may also load them on other
        > sites and in this case add the site link on the "Links" page in
        the
        > same menu. (Those who choose a language different from English
        > should, of course, use the corresponding links in the menu.)
        >
        > As far as I know, may upload 20MB as "Files" and 30MB in
        > the "Photos" albums. I know these figure from other groups, and I
        > will check if they are the same for our group too.
        >
        > You may be required to use a Yahoo address in order to join the
        > group. If so, you may use your MCA Yahoo address, and then select
        > your standard address to get the messages.
        >
        > Being the one who made up the group, I have been automatically
        > made "group manager", but we may decide in common who is going to
        > hold this position.
        >
        > Don't forget to update your Yahoo profile with personal
        information.
        > As far as I know, this profile is common for all the Yahoo groups
        > you may join.
        >
        > I can only wish you WELCOME! to our group and hope we will enjoy
        it
        > as much as possible!
        >
        > Yours,
        > Mihai

        Hello everyone! ...and thank you so much Mihai, for putting this
        internet group together! The four days in Grimstad was really a
        spesial experience for me, the people, the topic/discussions and the
        place. I have to finish some work for the museum now at the end of
        the year, but I am trying to read in between, and I look forward to
        prepare my field work in january. I am really curious to see if
        Halliday ao, can help me to theroretically handle the multimodal
        contekst - the "surroundings" of love surchers on Internet. But,
        just now I say as Emilia: Holyday before Halliday :)
        All the best wishes for a nice and relaxing christmas time!

        ...from Nina