MC-909 vs Cubase 5 sticky notes

  • chel_za
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      Hello all

      I am using my beautiful MC-909 with Cubase as well as a keyboard controller.
      However, when I play notes on the controller and release them, Cubase holds
      onto them until I changed the patch. Because of this, I can't really record
      anything as these notes don't get released when they are supposed to. Has
      anyone had trouble like this before?

      I have successfully imported the device MC-909.xml file already.

      Any leads would be appreciated ! Thanks
    • phreek3000
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
        Hi there,

        I have just tried out what you are trying to achieve, and it works fine on my setup. I would imagine it's probably something fairly simple.
        Assuming that you are using version 1.23 on your MC909. My first suggestion would be to go into the system settings on your MC909 (from the MENU button), then hit the seq/MIDI tab, followed by the MIDI RX tab. It could be the setting for Device ID is conflicting with something, so try changing this to another number (mine is set to 17).

        Let me know if you have any luck with this. Otherwise you can make a list of your MIDI TX and MIDI RX settings and I can compare the settings with my own. If that doesn't work, then it's probably a Cubase setting.

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
          Hi there,

          I have just tried out what you are trying to achieve, and it works fine on my setup. I would imagine it's probably something fairly simple.
          Assuming that you are using version 1.23 on your MC909. My first suggestion would be to go into the system settings on your MC909 (from the MENU button), then hit the seq/MIDI tab, followed by the MIDI RX tab. It could be the setting for Device ID is conflicting with something, so try changing this to another number (mine is set to 17).

          Let me know if you have any luck with this. Otherwise you can make a list of your MIDI TX and MIDI RX settings and I can compare the settings with my own. If that doesn't work, then it's probably a Cubase setting.

          --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, "chel_za" <chel_za@...> wrote:

          > Hello all
          >
          > I am using my beautiful MC-909 with Cubase as well as a keyboard controller.
          > However, when I play notes on the controller and release them, Cubase holds
          > onto them until I changed the patch. Because of this, I can't really record
          > anything as these notes don't get released when they are supposed to. Has
          > anyone had trouble like this before?
          >
          > I have successfully imported the device MC-909.xml file already.
          >
          > Any leads would be appreciated ! Thanks

        • Bob S.
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2011
            Sounds like a MIDI loop to me. Make sure MIDI thru is off in Cubase and the 909 (if there is a thru setting, I have not touched my 909 in a while). Verify your MIDI setup does not route the controller to the 909 to Cubase and back to the 909.

            Bob
            El Segundo, CA

            I have just tried out what you are trying to achieve, and it works fine on my setup. I would imagine it's probably something fairly simple.
            Assuming that you are using version 1.23 on your MC909. My first suggestion would be to go into the system settings on your MC909 (from the MENU button), then hit the seq/MIDI tab, followed by the MIDI RX tab. It could be the setting for Device ID is conflicting with something, so try changing this to another number (mine is set to 17).

            Let me know if you have any luck with this. Otherwise you can make a list of your MIDI TX and MIDI RX settings and I can compare the settings with my own. If that doesn't work, then it's probably a Cubase setting.

            --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, "chel_za" <chel_za@...> wrote:

            > Hello all
            >
            > I am using my beautiful MC-909 with Cubase as well as a keyboard controller.
            > However, when I play notes on the controller and release them, Cubase holds
            > onto them until I changed the patch. Because of this, I can't really record
            > anything as these notes don't get released when they are supposed to. Has
            > anyone had trouble like this before?
            >
            > I have successfully imported the device MC-909.xml file already.
            >
            > Any leads would be appreciated ! Thanks

          • Brendan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 4, 2011
              Thanks for your help Bob.