Re: How to remove cheesy vocal sounds?

  • nifflas <nifflas@musician.org>
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
      Bah - my MC-909 is already fully expanded (except the SRX rom), but I
      want to use all space avalible... :D

      //Nifflas

    • audiosedative@attbi.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
        i just reread my message, and i may have come off as a jerk. the only reason i
        say to not use the internal memory on the 909, is because when i first got my
        505 5 years ago, it had the old OS on it. a small glitch must have formed in
        my system, and i did a system back up and saved the glitch...long story short,
        i lost everything...this happened twice when i decided to just save patterns
        and patches to the card...the 909 is brand spanking new and they already have a
        new OS system out for it, but it willl probably take a min to work out all the
        bugs. the cool thing is you can link the 909 to you computer via usb, and load
        on whatever it is you want to work with, or take with you to a party or show
        and play. anyway, just be careful saving everything on the unit itself. you
        can never be too careful especially when it comes to your children...i mean
        music. peace
      • dj brad <ironbrad@hotmail.com>
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 1, 2003
          I just bought a 256MB mem upgrade for mine. Cost me less than $30.

          (www.pricewatch.com)

          Got my 128mb smartmedia card in there too. You GOTTA get one of
          those!

          --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, audiosedative@a... wrote:
          > ummm, why dont you buy some memory, load your own samples, and
          write your own
          > music. everything comes with presets. some you can erase some you
          > cant...thank goodness you can buy ADDITIONAL MEMORY, and thank
          goodness you can
          > hook your 909 upto anything and sample it, or else it would be a
          waste. i have
          > a 505 as well, and i dont even use the user memory on
          it...everything goes on
          > my memory cards...never gets lost or damaged and has no bugs.
        • yads12
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 18, 2003
            Ok here's that post that DJG made about deleting preset patterns.
            With this method do you have to actually replace all those patterns
            or can you just delete them?

            --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, Dj Gorgeous <thedjgorgeous@y...> wrote:

            > I have some answers to some different questions posted to me via
            private or in the

            > group. The Second a answer is a very cool tip, BUT BE VERY CAREFULL
            >
            > BECOUSE IT CAN F*CK UP YOUR MC 909. LET ME REITORATE THAT THIS
            >
            > IS A NON – SANCTIONED ROLAND THING, SO IF YOU SCREW UP
            >
            > DO NOT CALL ROLAND BECOUSE THERE WILL BE NOTHING THEY
            >
            > CAN DO AND WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY, AT PAR
            >
            > DON'T FREAKING E MAIL OR ATTEMPT TO BITCH AT ME IF YOU
            >
            > MESS UP. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK….UNDERSTAND…..I FREAKING
            >
            > HOPE SO. I do not mean to be an ass but I am sure (hopefully I am
            proven wrong)

            > that one of you is going to screw up and call me to fix it.
            >
            > Pretty please with whip cream, sugar and cherry on top be careful.
            >
            > I do not know how to fix it.
            >

            > Way to delete presset patterns to save memory. DISCLAIMER:
            >
            > THIS CAN F$CK YOUR MC 909
            >

            > I discovered that you can remove the preset patterns
            >
            > in the MC-909 when you reflash the Program ROM.
            >
            > Anotherwards when you upgrade the OS of the MC-909 it
            >
            > reloads the Preset patterns, samples, RPS's etc. If you
            >
            > want to put your own Patterns in the preset area you
            >
            > could (using a Computer)copy the User patterns with
            >
            > the same names and numbers into the Update folder's
            >
            > Pattern folder. As you do the update to the MC-909
            >
            > it will write the patterns you put into that folder
            >
            > into the Preset pattern area (erases the original
            >
            > factory patterns).The same goes for the Preset
            >
            > samples as well.
            >

            > DjG
          • Dj Gorgeous
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 7, 2004
              OK so i have a gift for you all, i collected a bunch of post trought the year and i went ahead and did a FAQ list. Number one i want to thank all of you that gave answers to many questions, some of you i haven't heard of you from a while such as Blip and Ludwicn, whatever happen 2 you? But many of you will remember or reconize your answers. Next year i will have a new one done again. Number 2 i didn't do any spell check, or grammar correction HELL NO!

              So here it is and you can find it at the file section

              DjG

              DjG

              "The musical notes are only seven in number but their melodies are so numerous that one cannot hear them all"
              A of W 5:8

              review/listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 8, 2004
                hey djg -

                thanx a lot for this.
                more feedback after reading the entire file . . .
                best for 004 btw ‹

                nik

                OK so i have a gift for you all, i collected a bunch of post trought the
                year and i went ahead and did a FAQ list. Number one i want to thank all of
                you that gave answers to many questions, some of you i haven't heard of you
                from a while such as Blip and Ludwicn, whatever happen 2 you? But many of
                you will remember or reconize your answers. Next year i will have a new one
                done again. Number 2 i didn't do any spell check, or grammar correction HELL
                NO!

                So here it is and you can find it at the file section

                DjG

                DjG

                "The musical notes are only seven in number but their melodies are so
                numerous that one cannot hear them all"
                A of W 5:8

                review/listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                To visit your group on the web, go to:

                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

              • Dj Gorgeous

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 11, 2004
                    Hi DjG!!
                    Thank you very much for your effort, this FAQ is totally great, even
                    if you have been using the 909 a lot!
                    I wish you a happy new year, and to everybody on the list :)
                    As for me, and if anyone cares/remembers, i'm back from iceland with
                    a lot of music on the smartmedia ;).. getting ready now to mix and
                    master my first EP! :)
                    I haven't been on the list for a long time now, any news about the
                    next OS update? ---i have a new item by the way for the wish-lists:
                    being able to write several samples at the same time on the
                    smartmedia ;)
                    allrights, cheers everybody!
                    olive

                    --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, Dj Gorgeous <thedjgorgeous@y...> wrote:
                    > I tought i put it as an attachment on my firs email, i guess not.
                    Here it is.

                    > DjG
                    > Dj Gorgeous <thedjgorgeous@y...> wrote:
                    >
                    > OK so i have a gift for you all, i collected a bunch of post
                    trought the year and i went ahead and did a FAQ list. Number one i
                    want to thank all of you that gave answers to many questions, some of
                    you i haven't heard of you from a while such as Blip and Ludwicn,
                    whatever happen 2 you? But many of you will remember or reconize your
                    answers. Next year i will have a new one done again. Number 2 i
                    didn't do any spell check, or grammar correction HELL NO!

                    > So here it is and you can find it at the file section
                    >
                    > DjG
                    >

                    > DjG
                    >
                    > "The musical notes are only seven in number but their melodies are
                    so numerous that one cannot hear them all"
                    > A of W
                    5:8

                    > review/listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                    Service.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 12, 2004
                      Bleach,

                      i will have a compilation by member producers from my group on acid techno production: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tb303nclones/ If you are interested in making a track either let me know, or just sign in to the group. The dateline is the end of feb. but it might be flexible. we are looking in to the possibility or getting a label to promote it and sell it. The genre is open to your liking, the only rule is that the main focus/part of the song has to be a TB 303 or clone patch.

                      Let me know

                      DjG

                      bl3chsdottir <blechsdottir@...> wrote:

                      Hi DjG!!
                      Thank you very much for your effort, this FAQ is totally great, even
                      if you have been using the 909 a lot!
                      I wish you a happy new year, and to everybody on the list :)
                      As for me, and if anyone cares/remembers, i'm back from iceland with
                      a lot of music on the smartmedia ;).. getting ready now to mix and
                      master my first EP! :)
                      I haven't been on the list for a long time now, any news about the
                      next OS update? ---i have a new item by the way for the wish-lists:
                      being able to write several samples at the same time on the
                      smartmedia ;)
                      allrights, cheers everybody!
                      olive

                      --- In MC-909@yahoogroups.com, Dj Gorgeous <thedjgorgeous@y...> wrote:
                      > I tought i put it as an attachment on my firs email, i guess not.
                      Here it is.

                      > DjG
                      > Dj Gorgeous <thedjgorgeous@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > OK so i have a gift for you all, i collected a bunch of post
                      trought the year and i went ahead and did a FAQ list. Number one i
                      want to thank all of you that gave answers to many questions, some of
                      you i haven't heard of you from a while such as Blip and Ludwicn,
                      whatever happen 2 you? But many of you will remember or reconize your
                      answers. Next year i will have a new one done again. Number 2 i
                      didn't do any spell check, or grammar correction HELL NO!

                      > So here it is and you can find it at the file section
                      >
                      > DjG
                      >

                      > DjG
                      >
                      > "The musical notes are only seven in number but their melodies are
                      so numerous that one cannot hear them all"
                      > A of W
                      5:8

                      > review/listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                      Service.

                      > DjG
                      >
                      > "The musical notes are only seven in number but their melodies are
                      so numerous that one cannot hear them all"
                      > A of W
                      5:8

                      > review/listen to our tunes at http://theorder.iuma.com

                      Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT