The reason the e-mail group isn't MAUG@...

  • Michael Czajka
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 23, 2000
      Hi,

      Unfortunately some pikers (Mac pikers I think) already registered
      MAUG so I had to run through a few combinations:

      Had to be fairly easy to remember
      Had to be reasonably short
      should be hard to mis-spell
      Should be meaningful

      Thats how we ended up with MAUG-Australia

      The Australia is there because Melbourne does actually exist
      elsewhere in the world. It also occurred to me that someone browsing
      through the E-bay lists wouldn't have a clue where we are based.

      I could have put Amiga at the end but that seemed a bit silly.

      Hope you enjoy our new e-mail group.

      It'll certainly save the committee the effort of trying to keep e-
      mail addresses up to date. It'll also allow us to get to all members
      with only one e-mail. It'll also give those members who don't want to
      get e-mails a choice.

      This could also be used as a basis of an e-magazine mailing list much
      as Scott wanted to do with Planet Amiga.

      Don't forget you can also browse the old messages if you think you've
      missed something.

      I've asked Damien to update the clubs web site with an e-bay
      subscription box. Hopefully that will be up there soon.

      Background:
      Recently we had ACE 2000 and many of our members didn't know there
      was an Amiga show or perhaps they lacked the details.

      This month we did a pre-purchase of Workbench 3.9. I know that many
      members didn't hear in time.

      Unfortunately in both instances time pressures didn't permit me to
      ring all members and inform them of what was going on. This e-mail
      group is an attempt to address this gaping communication problem.

      Most members are on the net so they can take advantage of this medium
      of communication. If you know anyone who is not we'd be happy to help
      connect them.

      :-)
      Michael Czajka
      MAUG Treasurer