Hanging idle on reed valve 490 in M-Star frame.

  • witleymcc
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 27, 2017

      Thank you for the add.

      I just put together a Maico special to compete in UK classic CE2 enduros. The class is for bikes that have two of the following three; air cooled, drum brakes, twinshock.

      Anyway just got her running and the throttle hangs for a few seconds if you blip the throttle. It a Bing 54/38/11 carburetor in decent shape apart from the slide guide does seem lose. Currently running a 48 pilot and idles fine. I'm looking to gain smooth progressive power and as much mpg possible..tank only holds 8.5 liters

      For those with Facebook a few pictures https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1595329807178895.1073741848.100001056729834&type=1&l=ef0f148135

      Short video of it idling https://www.facebook.com/manny.bernardez.7/videos/1602384059806803/?l=2308915735120638478

      Thanks

      Manny

    • Craig Parkinson

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 27, 2017
          That's what I first thought but liberal amounts of spray never showed up anything. Time invest on a leak tester.

          Thanks