8848MU Online Class: Textile Design in K-12 Art Curriculum

  • trudyadenham@sbcglobal.net
    Mar 14 5:23 AM
      I am teaching an 8-week online art education class at the University of Missouri (MU) that focuses on how to include textile design techniques that are applicable to the K-12 art classroom.  This class will begin June 2, 2014 and is offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
      The class will explore traditional and non-traditional  textile processes and materials.  Methods such as printing, eco dyeing, stitching and layering techniques along with many others will be explored.  We will focus on simple, yet very inventive ways to use processes that will greatly expand how you and your students explore ideas, processes and materials in your art curriculum.  Emphasis will be placed on age appropriate project possibilities for your classroom.  By the end of the course participants will have complete lesson plans, practical techniques and support materials for the upcoming school year.

      Registration Information:
      Debbie Betz, Mizzou Online                800-609-3727  or   573-882-2491
      http://online.missouri.edu/admissions/new-nondegree.aspx

      Course Information:
      Textile Design in K-12 Art Curriculum
      ART_GNRL 4001 section 02 (58512)
      ART_GNRL 7001 section 02 (58539)

      Please feel free to contact me via my gmail if you have any additional questions or contact Debbie Betz regarding registration information.  Hope to work with you this summer!