Re: [Lyondemere] Does anyone have a good sewing machine repair

  • Carol Altpeter
    Message 1 of 15 , Nov 4, 2008
      Fausta:

      There's a wonderful service person that I used for my Pfaff.  He's in the Color Corner mall at the corner of Paramount and Del Amo.  Great guy!  He will even make you parts if your machine is outdated.

      Grainne

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 15 , Nov 4, 2008
        In a message dated 11/4/2008 10:34:46 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        carolaltpeter@... writes:

        Color Corner mall at the corner of Paramount and Del Amo

        Thats the same Guy I go to ....hes really sweet and knows what hes doing.
        I've never had a problem with him.

        Deja
        **************Plan your next getaway with AOL Travel. Check out Today's Hot
        5 Travel Deals!

      • Becky Kolodchak
        Message 3 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
          Ooo...
          Does that mean you want to sell it?
          I am definitely interested....

          ~Luta, who knows how awesome metal machines are...

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
            Metal machines rock! I have an OLD Singer which is gear driven and I sewed
            thru 3 layers of leather to make Gillies for Eva using heavy duty needles. I
            like all my gadgety foot attachments that came with this machine as well but
            I need to learn how to use many of them.
            It sucks when your machine is broken or not cooperating and I have one with
            the same symptoms as yours.
            JT

          • oenthusiast
            Message 5 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
              --- In Lyondemere@yahoogroups.com, Jen Kelly <jen.ritz@...> wrote:

              > place that they would reccommend? Mine's broken. :(
              > -fausta

              I have had my 60's era Singer repaired to my satisfaction by A-Rodgers
              Vacuum & Sewing Center. 17160 Bellflower Blvd. Bellflower, CA 90706 (
              562) 925-0421.

              Grace B
            • JP Andrews
              Message 6 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
                I'm sorry to say that Mr. Rogers passed away several months ago. His
                widow is still running the shop, but they sent their machines out now.
                I took them Angelina's Viking, and while the repairs were fine, there
                was some confusion about getting the right machine back to her, and it
                took a few weeks longer than I was led to expect.

                Thomas

                On Nov 5, 2008, at 1:15 PM, oenthusiast wrote:

                > --- In Lyondemere@yahoogroups.com, Jen Kelly <jen.ritz@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > place that they would reccommend? Mine's broken. :(
                > > -fausta
                > >

                > I have had my 60's era Singer repaired to my satisfaction by A-Rodgers
                > Vacuum & Sewing Center. 17160 Bellflower Blvd. Bellflower, CA 90706 (
                > 562) 925-0421.
                >
                > Grace B

              • oenthusiast
                Message 7 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
                  --- In Lyondemere@yahoogroups.com, JP Andrews <jpathomas@...> wrote:

                  > I'm sorry to say that Mr. Rogers passed away several months ago.

                  And I am sorry to hear it. I didn't really know him beyond dropping off
                  my machine and picking it up healed, but competence and expertise will
                  always be missed.
                • Carolyn Richardson
                  Message 8 of 15 , Nov 5, 2008
                    At 09:18 AM 11/5/2008, you wrote:
                    >Ooo...
                    >Does that mean you want to sell it?
                    >I am definitely interested....

                    I am interested in selling it - I only bought it because it looked
                    like a good machine and it was CHEAP. I haven't tried plugging it in
                    to see if it actually works yet, though - let me check it out and if
                    it's good, it's yours if you want it. I'll sell it at cost.

                    Tetchubah
                  • Becky Kolodchak
                    Message 9 of 15 , Nov 6, 2008
                      Fantastic!