Game Night Saturday Feb. 5, 2011

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2011
      Greetings to All,
      It's time again to shake off the mid-winter cabin
      blues and venture out to do some war gaming!

      Barry Doyle has graciously agreed to "game-master"
      a Memoir 44' night and I also hope to get Francis
      Reed to run a Ancients game for some "slash & splatter"
      action. Either way were going have a game night!
      Here's the details...

      WHERE: The Hubble Home a.k.a (LAWGS HQ!)
      1112 Harrison Street
      Lynchburg, VA 24504
      (434) 847-4933
      TIME: 6:30 p.m. til ?
      DATE: Saturday February 5, 2011
      Please rsvp on this list or to me directly
      at mortician88@... so we can plan
      commands in the game and for munchies!
      regards, Patrick Hubble

      Did you know that Lynchburg Area War Gaming Society
      (LAWGS) is on facebook? Join or visit us at:
      http://www.facebook.com/update_security_info.php?wizard=1#!/pages/Lynchburg-Area-War-Gaming-Society/367867603065
    • Barry Doyle
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 2, 2011
        Hey Patrick,

        I'd love to try an ancients game -- it's the only era I've never played.

        If Frances can't host an Ancients game, and we get enought folks, I'll do a Memoir Overlord game -- it's the best way for a group to play. Otherwise, I'm up for anything, and could even bring Wings of War.

        I have bombers and a balloon now, either of which could make things interesting... ;-)

        -Barry

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 2, 2011

          Patrick,

          Jeff

[...]

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5838 (20110201) __________

          http://www.eset.com

          __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5840 (20110202) __________

          http://www.eset.com
        • Patrick Hubble
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2011
            Howdy Jeff,
            Thank you for your willingness to come out and run a game!
            I think we would like to take you up on your offer. Francis R.
            and Barry D. have both opted to let you run the game and Francis
            also said that your miniatures are something to see! So if you
            don't mind hauling some lead from Radford, VA. everyone break
            out your swords and sandals, it's Ancients Night!
            &
            Jeff, at minimum I'd like to treat you to some dinner and of course
            you are welcome to stay over Saturday if you want or need too.
            Arrive as early as you need to Saturday to prepare the game. Please
            let me know how I can help.
            I have terrain that fits most scales such as hills, fields, and streams,
            but my tree's are for 15mm. I've been meaning to buy 25mm stuff...
            Heck perhaps you want an open killing field? See you Saturday!
            with regards, Patrick Hubble

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 3, 2011

              Ok. I need to know the size of your table; it may be that 25mm would be too large for same. I have 15mm T’ang Chinese (using Might of arms) as well as 15mm Venetian and Genoese that we could use for a Naval battle (I have 6 Cogs) and land action at the skirmish level.

[...]

              __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5841 (20110202) __________

              http://www.eset.com

              __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5842 (20110203) __________

              http://www.eset.com
            • Patrick Hubble
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 3, 2011
                Jeff,
                It's a 6 feet long by 4 feet wide table, I know it's a small table but
                it's worked with all my 15 mm games. 25 mm works as long as it's
                a skirmish level game, but anyways you already know all this. So
                far we have 6 players who have rsvp'd. Although I haven't heard
                from the "Paul Lass Clan" he's out of town until Friday, and he's a
                regular, along with a few of his sons.
                I'm looking forward to the game, it's been many months since the
                ole' table has seen some action...
                regards, Patrick Hubble

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 3, 2011

                  Ok. I am playing at Doug’s tonight and will plan tomorrow. Ill decide whether 25 or 15 in the meantime. I would also be a fool not to take you up on staying over. Ill see how I feel about staying once the game is done. Maybe we can play on Sunday just the two of us?

                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5844 (20110203) __________

                  http://www.eset.com

                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5844 (20110203) __________

                  http://www.eset.com
                • Chuck Carey
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 3, 2011
                    Count me in.  And I'll be bringing a friend.
                    Chuck Carey

                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 4, 2011
                      Hello Barry,
                      If you could bring your Wings of War game tomorrow
                      evening that would be great. (It wouldn't hurt to bring
                      Memoir 44' as well) Plus I would like to see the new
                      balloon and bomber pieces as well.
                      &
                      The amount of players are increasing and I think we'll
                      need to run at least two games possibly. Jeff, how
                      many "commands" can you field per side?  We are
                      currently at 10 players and I haven't heard from the
                      "Paul Lass Clan" yet...if there's a table-top war game
                      going on nearby they rarely miss...
                      regards, Patrick

                    • Jeff Sutherland
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 5, 2011

                        I have decided that the game I run will be dictated by the space available. The table won’t work for 25mm Might of Arms, not for 10 people. So I will be running a very large 25mm Skirmish game using Vikings vs. Carolingians, and “home” rules. I say Skirmish rules, but there are Formations and Six troop types.

                        750 B.C. The Swedish Vikings have established a Danelaw in Mainland Northern Europe, from which they are running organized raids and setting up for further conquest. Several Viking Princes, some Christian, some Pagan, each have their own commands and their own objectives… Pagan Lithuanian infantry have come by sea from the Far East to see to their interests as much as to honor a treaty with the Swedish King of all the Vikings.

                        The Carolingian King Charles Martel and his son Drago have taken exception to these incursions and are seeking to push the usurpers back into the nearby North Sea . The Franks carry the Papal Banner as sign of the blessing of the Holy Church in Rome and the true representative of God on Earth, His Holiness the Pope. The Frankish vassals of the King, true to their promise, and out of abject fear of the Dread King, have answered his summons. They are further bolstered by exceedingly bloodthirsty German mercenaries from Swabia under the command of Prince Ludwig of Hollen-Stuttgart.  King Charles does not trust this German Prince, but because of the personal request of The Pope, and the great numbers of the Vikings, he has accepted his assistance. Charles has shown the foresight to enlist the aid of another German Prince, that of Hugo of Bavaria-Ulm and his exceptional cavalry, hoping to play each Prince against the other for the sake of his future Dynasty.

                        .

                        I would like to arrive at 3pm for setup.

                        __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5848 (20110205) __________

                        http://www.eset.com

                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 5, 2011
                          Hey Patrick,

                          Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be there tonight. Melanie and I both have the flu, and I was waiting to see how I felt -- but, it's not much better for either of us. I'm sure no one attending wants to be exposed to the plague.

                          I hope you guys have a ton of fun, and I'll definitely be at the next event -- barring any unexpected illness. ;-)

                          I'll try to host an event or two this year as well -- either a Wings of War or Memoir Overlord evening, or maybe even a Pulp event.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 6, 2011
                            sorry we had a family day remembering Paul III out of town guests came 4-8. It just did not feel right. Should be able to next time
                             Paul