Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: Implications of intercessory prayers...

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Just a little oddity...that a Greek Orthodox woman would pray to St. Anthony
      for a lost item. I would have thought a Greek Orthodox woman would have
      prayed to St. Phanourios? I recall St. Anthony is the saint the Roman
      Catholics pray to for lost things. Do some of you folks from other
      jurisdictions pray to St. Anthony for lost things?

      By the way, St. Phanourios helped me out of a major jam last summer when I
      was in Europe. The night before I was to leave for a critical business trip
      (leaving from vacation) I had lost my passport. In a wild frenzy I was
      pulling bags out of the trunk of the car, crying my eyes out when I finally
      stopped everything and told my Lutheran husband that I needed to ask St.
      Phanourios for help. I prayed and the passport was at the bottom of the
      trunk under a large suitcase. No reason for it to have been there...but it
      was. My priest calls St. Phanourios a great evangelist.