Lutheran Colloquium

  • Dave @¿@¬
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 10, 2009
      Howdy!

      I'm just listening to the Lutheran Colloquium again and I
      thought that I would mention what a great gem this is to
      us Lutheran converts.

      If anybody has not listened to this series,
      I HIGHLY RECCOMEND it!

      It can be found on Ancient Faith Radio
      http://ancientfaith.com/specials/lutheran_colloquium

      Dave
    • Dave W.
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2009
        Hi I'm new here. I'm an LCMS Lutheran looking seriously at Orthodoxy
        and find this colloquium very helpful. I've downloaded it and put it
        on my iPod, so I can listen on the way to work. Thanks for the link!

        Dave

        --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, Dave @¿@¬ <dnaess@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 19, 2009
          A number of the presenters are members of this list and could be contacted
          with any questions you might have. Of course, your questions are likely
          others' questions, so feel free to post your comments, questions and
          critiques on this list.

          Christopher

        • AdonaiUplifts@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
            Welcome, Dave!

            When I was an LCMS Lutheran checking out Orthodoxy, I also found the archives at www.ourlifeinchrist.com very helpful and informative (along with their study notes to the earliest broadcasts). While not specifically geared to Lutherans, I found many of my concerns thoughtfully and Biblically addressed.

            After a careful listen to many of those downloads (many of which I listened to before even stepping foot in an Orthodox Church), I found my catechesis into Orthodoxy a cursory review of that material. Steve and Bill's conversations (the hosts of Our Life in Christ) helped me to be better prepared to ease into the practices of Orthodoxy (not to mention the later patient support and guidance of a few great priests and a wonderful parish family, of course).

            Anyway, I highly recommend Our Life in Christ.

            May God grant you a blessed journey!

            Jeremy

            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            wrote:

            > Howdy!
            >
            > I'm just listening to the Lutheran Colloquium again and I
            > thought that I would mention what a great gem this is to
            > us Lutheran converts.
            >
            > If anybody has not listened to this series,
            > I HIGHLY RECCOMEND it!
            >
            > It can be found on Ancient Faith Radio
            > http://ancientfaith.com/specials/lutheran_colloquium
            >
            > Dave

          • Fr John Fenton
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 20, 2009
              Hi All,

              For many reasons, mostly due to time constraints, I lurk on this list. However, let me underline Rdr Christopher's offer by stating that I am willing, onlist or offlist, to address any issues for those Lutherans considering Orthodoxy. My presentation is also available in print (pdf) if that is helpful. To access it and some other materials that may be helpful, go to http://holyincarnation.org/inquirers.php.

              Fr John W Fenton, Priest
              Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church
              A Western Rite Parish in the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese of North America

              frfenton@...
              www.holyincarnation.org