RE: [LutheransLookingEast] Hello, I'm the newbie

  • phos_hilarion@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 8, 2009
      Hi Katherine! I'm glad to meet someone new on LLE. I've found them to be a very helpful group and I hope you make good use of them. The blessings of our Sweetest Lord Jesus to you and your husband.

      Love in Christ,
      phos

      To: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com
      From: kitanna59@...
      Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2009 00:23:28 +0000
      Subject: [LutheransLookingEast] Hello, I'm the newbie

      I am the "new member" and have always had a leaning towards the East.

      My husband is an excommunicated Catholic. He did not pay the RCC

      enough $$ to annul his marriage. And of all things, he married me in

      a LCMS. He has always said that he was going to hell for marrying me

      (with a prior marriage) and him not being annulled.

      I have joined an ELCA church. I have had him to my ELCA church and he

      has said the message is better than what he was "brainwashed" whit

      regarding the RCC. I was hoping there might be a happy medium for him

      and I to worship at/with.

      Any suggestions?

      Katherine

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
        Howdy Katherine!

        Since I am single I must plead ignorance.

        What I would suggest would be that you explore and discuss the
        alternatives TOGETHER.

        I followed the path from LCMS to ELCA to a seeker to Orthodoxy.
        Orthodoxy seemed to be able to accomodate me as a seeker rather than
        forcing me to fit myself into "the doctrinal box."

        Dave

        --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "Katherine"
        <kitanna59@...> wrote:

        > I am the "new member" and have always had a leaning towards the
        East.
        > My husband is an excommunicated Catholic. He did not pay the RCC
        > enough $$ to annul his marriage. And of all things, he married me
        in
        > a LCMS. He has always said that he was going to hell for marrying
        me
        > (with a prior marriage) and him not being annulled.
        >
        > I have joined an ELCA church. I have had him to my ELCA church
        and he
        > has said the message is better than what he was "brainwashed" whit
        > regarding the RCC. I was hoping there might be a happy medium for
        him
        > and I to worship at/with.
        >
        > Any suggestions?
        > Katherine

      • Katherine
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 20, 2009
          --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, Dave @¿@¬ <dnaess@...>
          wrote:

          > Howdy Katherine!
          >
          > Since I am single I must plead ignorance.
          >
          > What I would suggest would be that you explore and discuss the
          > alternatives TOGETHER.
          >
          > I followed the path from LCMS to ELCA to a seeker to Orthodoxy.
          > Orthodoxy seemed to be able to accomodate me as a seeker rather than
          > forcing me to fit myself into "the doctrinal box."
          >
          > Dave
          Hello Dave,
          You put your thoughts down so simple! It's like the bell rang as I
          read your words! Being in East TN, my choices are far and few...there
          is a Southern Baptist church almost on every corner....but, I have no
          desire for that...So, I'll take your words of wisdom to heart!

          Right now my husband is running the sound system every 3rd Sunday at
          my ELCA church....and recently he has been commenting positively about
          the words spoken...Maybe God is working on him?

          Again, I thank you for your advice....
          Katherine