Re: "We make the Holy Scriptures the rule and the measure of every tenet"

  • krolechka
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2007
      Christ is risen!

      --- "Christopher Orr" <xcjorr@...> wrote:
      > My challenge is: how can we begin to see all that the Fathers saw in
      > Scripture?

      I'd say, same way as the Fathers started. I'm sure, they did not see
      the same things in the Scripture that other Fathers saw before them.
      But they read on just TRYING to see those things, and then they read
      the previous Fathers thoughts and accepted them. Little by little,
      after years or decades they started to see more and more. I think,
      that's how it was. Two things are involved to see more of divine
      wisdom: cleansing the soul from the passions (cleanness of the heart
      is required) and keeping reading (practice required).

      I think, the Fathers' way is not complicated to undestand. While it
      takes God's grace and time to achieve anything, the journey is all
      planned, we just have to look at how Fathers did it, and then we go
      and try not to divert from it.