Re: [LutheransLookingEast] The Papacy & Antichrist

  • Travis (Constantine) Stolz
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 9, 2008
      Luther's perspective cannot be removed from either his historcial or polemical context.  Neither Luther nor the Lutheran Symbols were the first to argue that the pope is the Antichrist--read Bernard McGinn's study of the Antichrist, for example.

      I, too, always had difficulty with how Luther and the Symbols argued.  The argument seemed to me very early on to be neither biblical nor patristic.

      Yours in Christ,
      Travis (Constantine)

      Travis (Constantine) Stolz
      travis.stolz@...