Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Links to the "Why Did Jesus Die?" Series by Anastasia Theodorides

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
      I don't think anyone who reads your posts through an RSS feed (as I do on
      Google Reader) gets logged as a 'unique' reader by most analytics. I'm
      doing my bit to get them out there, though, because I agree that this is an
      important topic - one where most Protestants (especially) get worried,
      hung-up, frustrated, etc.

      Christopher

      On 7/14/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

      > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog.
      > Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity,
      > given what an all-important topic this is.
      >
      > --Anastasia

    • Randy Asburry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
        Anastasia,

        Thank you very much for your series on "Why Did Jesus Die?" Since I
        must be one of the "few people," I do want to let you know that I've
        been reading them, as well as copying them into a single Word document
        for easier continuous reading. I appreciate your insights on the
        various texts that you are putting forth.

        (I must also admit that I'm a bit behind - #6 was the last one I read,
        as I recall - due to extra obligations of late - a wedding and a
        funeral both in one weekend, preparing a seminar and workshop
        presentation for next week, getting ready for vacation, and, oh yeah,
        regular parish duties. So, I'll get back to the rest of the posts and
        play catch up! :-)

        + + + + +
        Rev. Randy Asburry
        Pastor
        Hope Lutheran Church & School
        5218 Neosho St., St. Louis, MO 63109
        St. Louis, MO
        Church: 314-352-0014
        Mobile: 314-853-4714

        mailto:r.asburry@...
        http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com
        www.hopelutheranstl.org

        Divine Services:
        Sundays: 8:00 & 10:30 AM
        Wednesdays: 7:00 PM

        On Jul 14, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Anastasia Theodoridis wrote:

        > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your
        > blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think
        > that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.
        >
        > --Anastasia

      • Todd Harman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008

          I wouldn't want to be the one who destroys your growth toward humility - but I thought the articles were outstanding. So good, that I felt compelled to put them into a folder for re-reading later on!

          As a protestant who is finally no longer protesting, I found them to be very insightful. I may copy a fellow LLE and copy them into a single word document for easier reading/distribution!

          Thank you!
          Todd

          Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.

          --Anastasia

        • Anastasia Theodoridis
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
            Dear Todd and Randy,

            Thank you both very much for letting me know.

            It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!

            love in Christ,

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
              *Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not
              bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.* (1 Kings 19:18
              KJV)

              You never know who is doing what. Google Analytics doesn't know all... I
              bet a lot of people will read this. Now, how one defines 'a lot'...

              Christopher

              On 7/15/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

              > Dear Todd and Randy,
              >
              > Thank you both very much for letting me know.
              >
              > It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!
              >
              > love in Christ,
              > Anastasia

            • Jeremy Finck
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                I'll echo Todd and Pastor Asbury. I've been copy/pasting them into
                word/text files as well.... And printing them out, hole punching them, and
                adding them to a binder of good reference material for Lutheran-Orthodox
                dialoguing. Like Pastor Asbury, #6 was the last I read. I plan on
                re-reading them later on, as they will be very edifying both for myself, and
                for conversations with my family of whom I am the only non-LCMS - especially
                for conversations with my Dad.

                So thank you, Anastasia! The articles are VERY encouraging and wonderfully
                written.

                And thank you, Chris, for making this such an open place for these kind of
                materials to be shared for our encouragement, education, and edification.

                Jeremy