Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Links to the "Why Did Jesus Die?" Series by Anastasia Theodorides

  • Anastasia Theodoridis
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
      Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.

      --Anastasia

      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
        I don't think anyone who reads your posts through an RSS feed (as I do on
        Google Reader) gets logged as a 'unique' reader by most analytics. I'm
        doing my bit to get them out there, though, because I agree that this is an
        important topic - one where most Protestants (especially) get worried,
        hung-up, frustrated, etc.

        Christopher

        On 7/14/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

        > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog.
        > Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity,
        > given what an all-important topic this is.
        >
        > --Anastasia

      • Randy Asburry
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
          Anastasia,

          Thank you very much for your series on "Why Did Jesus Die?" Since I
          must be one of the "few people," I do want to let you know that I've
          been reading them, as well as copying them into a single Word document
          for easier continuous reading. I appreciate your insights on the
          various texts that you are putting forth.

          (I must also admit that I'm a bit behind - #6 was the last one I read,
          as I recall - due to extra obligations of late - a wedding and a
          funeral both in one weekend, preparing a seminar and workshop
          presentation for next week, getting ready for vacation, and, oh yeah,
          regular parish duties. So, I'll get back to the rest of the posts and
          play catch up! :-)

          + + + + +
          Rev. Randy Asburry
          Pastor
          Hope Lutheran Church & School
          5218 Neosho St., St. Louis, MO 63109
          St. Louis, MO
          Church: 314-352-0014
          Mobile: 314-853-4714

          mailto:r.asburry@...
          http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com
          www.hopelutheranstl.org

          Divine Services:
          Sundays: 8:00 & 10:30 AM
          Wednesdays: 7:00 PM

          On Jul 14, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Anastasia Theodoridis wrote:

          > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your
          > blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think
          > that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.
          >
          > --Anastasia

        • Todd Harman
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008

            I wouldn't want to be the one who destroys your growth toward humility - but I thought the articles were outstanding. So good, that I felt compelled to put them into a folder for re-reading later on!

            As a protestant who is finally no longer protesting, I found them to be very insightful. I may copy a fellow LLE and copy them into a single word document for easier reading/distribution!

            Thank you!
            Todd

            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
              Dear Todd and Randy,

              Thank you both very much for letting me know.

              It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!

              love in Christ,

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                *Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not
                bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.* (1 Kings 19:18
                KJV)

                You never know who is doing what. Google Analytics doesn't know all... I
                bet a lot of people will read this. Now, how one defines 'a lot'...

                Christopher

                On 7/15/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

                > Dear Todd and Randy,
                >
                > Thank you both very much for letting me know.
                >
                > It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!
                >
                > love in Christ,
                > Anastasia

              • Jeremy Finck
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                  I'll echo Todd and Pastor Asbury. I've been copy/pasting them into
                  word/text files as well.... And printing them out, hole punching them, and
                  adding them to a binder of good reference material for Lutheran-Orthodox
                  dialoguing. Like Pastor Asbury, #6 was the last I read. I plan on
                  re-reading them later on, as they will be very edifying both for myself, and
                  for conversations with my family of whom I am the only non-LCMS - especially
                  for conversations with my Dad.

                  So thank you, Anastasia! The articles are VERY encouraging and wonderfully
                  written.

                  And thank you, Chris, for making this such an open place for these kind of
                  materials to be shared for our encouragement, education, and edification.

                  Jeremy