Links to the "Why Did Jesus Die?" Series by Anastasia Theodorides

    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
      http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/07/links-to-why-did-jesus-die-series-by.html
      Below are links to each post in the series "Why Did Jesus Die?" written by
      Anastasia Theodorides and posted to her Kyrie
      Eleison<http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/>blog. She is currently
      at #11 in a series projected to run to at least 16 or
      17 posts. Additional posts beyond the 11 below will be added to this
      post<http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/07/links-to-why-did-jesus-die-series-by.html>as
      they arise, should you wish to bookmark this
      post<http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/07/links-to-why-did-jesus-die-series-by.html>as
      a portal to her fine, important series.

      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 1, *To Heal God's
      People*<http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/06/why-did-jesus-die-part-01.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 2, *To Crucify Death and Sin*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-02.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 3, *Jesus Died to be our Passover Lamb*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-03.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 4, *To Release us From Death*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-04.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 5, *To Release us From Guilt*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-05.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 6, *To Become our True Mercy Seat*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-06.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 7, *To Justify Us - Not*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-07.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 8, *To be our High Priest*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-08.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 9, *To Ransom and Redeem Us*
      <http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-09.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 10, *Substitutionary Themes in the
      Atonement*<http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-part-10.html>
      - Why Did Jesus Die?, Part 11, *Jesus Didn't Have to Die to be our
      Scapegoat*<http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com/2008/07/why-did-jesus-die-11-jesus-didnt-have.html>

    • Anastasia Theodoridis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
        Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.

        --Anastasia

        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2008
          I don't think anyone who reads your posts through an RSS feed (as I do on
          Google Reader) gets logged as a 'unique' reader by most analytics. I'm
          doing my bit to get them out there, though, because I agree that this is an
          important topic - one where most Protestants (especially) get worried,
          hung-up, frustrated, etc.

          Christopher

          On 7/14/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

          > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your blog.
          > Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think that's a pity,
          > given what an all-important topic this is.
          >
          > --Anastasia

        • Randy Asburry
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
            Anastasia,

            Thank you very much for your series on "Why Did Jesus Die?" Since I
            must be one of the "few people," I do want to let you know that I've
            been reading them, as well as copying them into a single Word document
            for easier continuous reading. I appreciate your insights on the
            various texts that you are putting forth.

            (I must also admit that I'm a bit behind - #6 was the last one I read,
            as I recall - due to extra obligations of late - a wedding and a
            funeral both in one weekend, preparing a seminar and workshop
            presentation for next week, getting ready for vacation, and, oh yeah,
            regular parish duties. So, I'll get back to the rest of the posts and
            play catch up! :-)

            + + + + +
            Rev. Randy Asburry
            Pastor
            Hope Lutheran Church & School
            5218 Neosho St., St. Louis, MO 63109
            St. Louis, MO
            Church: 314-352-0014
            Mobile: 314-853-4714

            mailto:r.asburry@...
            http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com
            www.hopelutheranstl.org

            Divine Services:
            Sundays: 8:00 & 10:30 AM
            Wednesdays: 7:00 PM

            On Jul 14, 2008, at 8:31 PM, Anastasia Theodoridis wrote:

            > Thank you, Christopher, for posting these links here and on your
            > blog. Only a few people actually read them, and I rather think
            > that's a pity, given what an all-important topic this is.
            >
            > --Anastasia

          • Todd Harman
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008

              I wouldn't want to be the one who destroys your growth toward humility - but I thought the articles were outstanding. So good, that I felt compelled to put them into a folder for re-reading later on!

              As a protestant who is finally no longer protesting, I found them to be very insightful. I may copy a fellow LLE and copy them into a single word document for easier reading/distribution!

              Thank you!
              Todd

              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                Dear Todd and Randy,

                Thank you both very much for letting me know.

                It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!

                love in Christ,

                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                  *Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not
                  bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.* (1 Kings 19:18
                  KJV)

                  You never know who is doing what. Google Analytics doesn't know all... I
                  bet a lot of people will read this. Now, how one defines 'a lot'...

                  Christopher

                  On 7/15/08, Anastasia Theodoridis <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

                  > Dear Todd and Randy,
                  >
                  > Thank you both very much for letting me know.
                  >
                  > It was worth writing all that if you were the only two readers!
                  >
                  > love in Christ,
                  > Anastasia

                • Jeremy Finck
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 15, 2008
                    I'll echo Todd and Pastor Asbury. I've been copy/pasting them into
                    word/text files as well.... And printing them out, hole punching them, and
                    adding them to a binder of good reference material for Lutheran-Orthodox
                    dialoguing. Like Pastor Asbury, #6 was the last I read. I plan on
                    re-reading them later on, as they will be very edifying both for myself, and
                    for conversations with my family of whom I am the only non-LCMS - especially
                    for conversations with my Dad.

                    So thank you, Anastasia! The articles are VERY encouraging and wonderfully
                    written.

                    And thank you, Chris, for making this such an open place for these kind of
                    materials to be shared for our encouragement, education, and edification.

                    Jeremy