Re: [LutheransLookingEast] From Lutheran to Episcopal to Disciples to...what next?

  • Todd Harman
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      Cory

      As an aside, where in Nashville are you? I just relocated from Fort Wayne, In to Nashville and was just curious - especially where you attend church.

      I grew up Episcopalian then become Lutheran (even attended a LCMS seminary for a spell). Then I discovered Orthodoxy. My wife is not at this time interested in joining with me - though she has gone to the Divine Liturgy twice with me. My parish priest would probably beat me if I ever forced anyone in my family to an Orthodox Church!! So in that vein, don't force, directly or indirectly, your wife to attend, but leave the inviation open for her to come with you!

      I didn't have to deal with the baptism issue as all our children were baptized Episcopalian, so I will have to "just" pray for you on that one.

      As for David's question - I'm at a loss for what to say. On the one hand the Holy Spirit seems to be doing a fine job of letting people discover Orthodoxy on their own. On the other hand, a nice American style advertising campaign would be a good start. But perhaps the best advertising is God's love working through His Church. Especially in the present age we live in...I actually never even considered the Orthodox church until we discussed it in Seminary. And those discussions were about Lutheran pastors who had left for the Orthodox Church. That got me curious and started the ball rolling. Now I can't wait to be officially a part of the Church.

      Not very helpful....
      In Christ
      Todd