Re: Is Orthodoxy Just For Men?

  • James Royal Prickett, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25 4:44 AM
      Over on the OXWOMS (Orthodox without my spouse) Yahoo group, of which
      I am a member, there seem to be a good number of both men and women
      who have been attracted to Orthodoxy while their spouses for various
      reasons have not.

      We welcome your prayers!

      JiMi

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, <phos_hilarion@...>
      wrote:

      > I've heard the critique that Orthodoxy is attractive to men and
      hardly attractive at all for women - for instance (some) Lutheran men
      seem to be interested in learning about Orthodoxy but they can't seem
      to get their wives interested in it. Personally, I think that's a
      stereotype but I find it interesting when you contrast that with the
      distress over finding fewer men in the pews in the West. Do you think
      there's anything to that?