Re: [LutheransLookingEast] My path (to date)

  • Anastasia Theodoridis
    Message 1 of 4 , May 7, 2008
      Thanks, Dave, for that sharing!

      You are far from alone. I, too, came via that wordless darkness, the nothingness. Christ filled it with His Light.

      And I know of other Orthodox people who have traveled a similar path. (The Community of St. John the Baptist, in Essex, England, is full of such people, having been founded by one of them!)

      Anastasia
      e-mail: anastasiatheo01@...
      blog: http://anastasias-corner.blogspot.com

      Message 2 of 4 , May 7, 2008
        Archimandrite Sophrony (a former painter and Athonite monk who founded the
        monastery in Essex Anastasia mentioned) makes passing reference to his study
        of Buddhism in his Life of St. Silouan the Athonite. I have always wanted
        to know more about that transition, his thoughts about eastern
        spiritualities' relation to Orthodoxy, how he 'rediscovered' Orthodoxy and
        what his thoughts on his former faith were after so wholly reaccepting
        Orthodoxy. Fr. Seraphim Rose also discusses it a little, and St. Herman's
        Monastery has written on the topic here and there over the years, but I want
        to know more since "eastern religions" are all the rage with friends (I know
        quite a few Buddhists, though not many Hindus oddly enough given its
        popularity in the 60s).

        Welcome, Dave. If you ever get down to NYC drop me a line.

        Christopher

        Message 3 of 4 , May 7, 2008
          I am awe struck at the number of different paths that God has used to bring
          people to Holy Orthodoxy. Absolute miracles. Thank you for sharing yours.
          What wonderful news to read that you have been recently joined to the
          Church.

          Chronia polla! Many years!

          (BTW...love the spectacles in your handle!)-----R