Re: the Psalms

  • sr72000
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2008
      I would highly recommend Cassiodorus's three-volume commentary on the
      psalms...I think it would fit what you're looking for. (It is in the
      Ancient Christian Writers series, each volume in stock at Amazon.)

      I also use Chrysostom's commentaries....wonderful stuff in them, of
      course, but his use of typology is more muted, and there isn't
      commentary on all the psalms.

      Christ is risen!

      Subdeacon Randy

      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, BPeter Brandt-Sorheim
      <donpedrogordo@...> wrote:

      > Christ is risen, alleluia!
      >
      > Your recommendations and suggestions are invited for patristic
      texts and/or theological studies which may assist in the acquisition
      and appreciation of a traditional multi-layered understanding of the
      psalm texts as literal/historical, as prefiguring Christ, as
      signifiying the church catholic and as reflecting the individual
      spiritual life.