Emulate the Pharisee

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2008
      Emulate the Pharisee<http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/02/virtue-of-pharisee.html>

      The Triodion, interpreting Scripture, tells us that we are to not only to
      imitate the humility of the Publican, which will justify us, but we are also
      to obtain the virtue of the Pharisee. Thus, together, they are the most
      perfect or most damnable of men - let us choose carefully.

      *Let us make haste to follow the Pharisee in his virtues and to emulate the
      Publican in his humility, and let us hate what is wrong in each of them:
      foolish pride and the defilement of transgressions.
      *
      - Lenten Triodion, Sunday of the Publican & Pharisee, Mattins, Canticle 5.
      (Ware, STS Press, 2002, p. 105.)

      http://orrologion.blogspot.com/2008/02/virtue-of-pharisee.html