Lutherans and Orthodox in Heaven?

  • phos_hilarion@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 53 , Jan 17, 2008
      I've run across two thoughts which seem to me as being very different and I was hoping some of you may clarify this for me. One is from Fr. Hogg. I don't have his email and in the interest of fairness if any of you do, please feel free to pass my email along to him along with the topic of this discussion. I would be interested in his thoughts as well. But, as I do not have his email right now, I'm asking LLE.

      Fr. Gregory Hogg said...I genuinely have no idea about any particular Lutheran and where or what he or she is. To use the passive you're so fond of, "It has not been given me to judge an individual; but it has been given me to judge bodies or institutions." (Note: I've also never said Lutherans may be within the church. I said that I simply don't know. And that's what I mean.)His comment can be found here - http://weedon.blogspot.com/2008/01/worth-blog-entry-of-its-own.html#comments

      Compare and contrast with another Orthodox woman (with whom I've only spoken with twice) who called me her Sister and was absolutely sure that we would meet in Heaven, her being Orthodox and myself Lutheran - which I take to mean that in her thought Lutherans were within the Church. Are these both genuine Orthodox beliefs, is one wrong, or do they perhaps mesh in a way I'm not seeing?

      Love in Christ.
    • Brian Fink
      Message 53 of 53 , Jan 23, 2008
        You mean Pastor isnt their first name after all?

        Brian