RE: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: "Fenton" a swear word at Concordia WI

  • Randy Asburry
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 18, 2007
      On the matter of Lutherans and Confession and Absolution, check out my blog
      at HYPERLINK
      "http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com/2007/10/homily-trinity-19.html"http://rasb
      urrysres.blogspot.com/2007/10/homily-trinity-19.html . I posted this past
      Sunday’s homily in which I tied Private Confession and Absolution to the
      story of Jesus healing the Paralytic. In the homily I also urged folks to
      partake of Confession and Absolution (much as Luther himself did in the
      Large Catechism, I might say). But when you see the first comment after my
      homily, you can see a typical “Confessional Lutheran” dismissal and
      rationalizing away of Confession itself, even though it is clearly advocated
      and taught in the Lutheran Symbols. I truly don’t know who “Anonymous” is,
      but I have heard these points and this argumentation many times before from
      Lutheran parishioners.

      Randy

      + + + + +
      Rev. Randy Asburry
      Hope Lutheran Church
      St. Louis, MO
      HYPERLINK "mailto:r.asburry@..."mailto:r.asburry@...
      Blog: HYPERLINK
      "http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com"http://rasburrysres.blogspot.com

      “...we on our part shall not omit doing anything, in so far as God and
      conscience allow, that may serve the cause of Christian unity." (Augsburg
      Confession, Preface, 13; Tappert, 26).

      _____