Fwd: Re: Iconography question

  • JiMiRoYaL
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9, 2007
      --- In orthodox-convert@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen Parsons"
      <arimath1@...> wrote:

      --- In orthodox-convert@yahoogroups.com, "JiMiRoYaL" <jimi@> wrote:

      > 3) Does anyone know what the scroll read and what the book reads?

      The scroll is Slavonic and says (as best as I can make it out), "Holy,
      holy, holy, thrice-holy Lord, have mercy [upon] and save us. Amen."

      The open book appears to be ... maybe Italian? I can't clearly discern
      all of the letters, and an online translator isn't giving me clear
      enough results to be confident of.
      --
      Stephen in NC (rdr Joseph)

      --- End forwarded message ---