An actual 'Orthodox lite' service

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
      In acknowledging the Roman Catholic Uniate process, a Protestant Orthodox Lite is just as believable as the actual Western Rite Orthodox usages of the Antiochian Archdiocese, ROCOR and the Milan Synod. The liturgical format of the confessional Lutherans in Russia does strike me as an intentional Orthodox Lite look-alike:

      http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/saintsophiaseminary/liturgy.html

    • Edward Wolfe
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
        --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, BPeter Brandt-Sorheim
        <donpedrogordo@...> wrote:

        > In acknowledging the Roman Catholic Uniate process, a Protestant
        Orthodox Lite is just as believable as the actual Western Rite
        Orthodox usages of the Antiochian Archdiocese, ROCOR and the Milan
        Synod. The liturgical format of the confessional Lutherans in Russia
        does strike me as an intentional Orthodox Lite look-alike:

        > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/saintsophiaseminary/liturgy.html

        I share your concerns. The service of Lutherans in Russia is indeed an
        intentional "Orthodox look-alike." The pastor who is responsible for
        this and involved in it is a former colleague.

        Ezekiel