Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Re: 'Orthodox lite' service s draw ritual-hungry evangelicals

  • ANATASIA THEODORIDIS
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
      I, for one, didn't realize it was satire. That's a sad state of affairs, isn't it, when we can actually very well believe stuff like this?

      Anastasia

      P.S. I fell for the "Create your own electronic pastor" spoof, too!

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
        In acknowledging the Roman Catholic Uniate process, a Protestant Orthodox Lite is just as believable as the actual Western Rite Orthodox usages of the Antiochian Archdiocese, ROCOR and the Milan Synod. The liturgical format of the confessional Lutherans in Russia does strike me as an intentional Orthodox Lite look-alike:

        http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/saintsophiaseminary/liturgy.html

      • Edward Wolfe
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 7, 2007
          --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, BPeter Brandt-Sorheim
          <donpedrogordo@...> wrote:

          > In acknowledging the Roman Catholic Uniate process, a Protestant
          Orthodox Lite is just as believable as the actual Western Rite
          Orthodox usages of the Antiochian Archdiocese, ROCOR and the Milan
          Synod. The liturgical format of the confessional Lutherans in Russia
          does strike me as an intentional Orthodox Lite look-alike:

          > http://www.angelfire.com/ca4/saintsophiaseminary/liturgy.html

          I share your concerns. The service of Lutherans in Russia is indeed an
          intentional "Orthodox look-alike." The pastor who is responsible for
          this and involved in it is a former colleague.

          Ezekiel