*Sharing Our Faith, Building Our Church*
2007 Orthodox Conference on Missions and Evangelism
*This year's special track: Campus Evangelism!*
Aug 31 to Sep 3 (Labor Day Weekend) � Antiochian Village, Ligonier, PA
Presented by the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese Department of
Missions and Evangelism. Sponsored by the Orthodox Christian Mission Center
Department of Missions and Evangelism (Antiochian Orthodox Christian
Archdiocese), 777 Camino Pescadero � Santa Barbara, CA 93117-4908 �
(888) 968-4014 � (805) 692-8416 � www.antiochian.org/missions/conference �
Do you want to take your Orthodox Christian Faith seriously, learn how to
explain it to others, and help your parish grow? Would you like to spend a
whole weekend worshipping, learning, and fellowshipping with others who
share your vision? Then the annual North American Orthodox Conference on
Missions and Evangelism is for you! Attached to this letter is a 2-page
flyer about the 2007 Conference, with rave reviews from past participants
and registration instructions. Following that is a detailed schedule for the
weekend. We're offering a good variety of sessions, including several
concerning how to promote the Orthodox Faith among college students. Our
speaker line up features two of the most respected Orthodox Christian
evangelists in the world: Fr. Peter Gillquist and Fr. John Reeves, and a
shining star in the new generation of Orthodox preachers and teachers, Fr.
But in case you still are not convinced, here now, direct from the home
office in Santa Barbara, California, are the...
Top 12 Reasons why you should attend this year's Orthodox Conference on
Missions and Evangelism:
12. Your priest keeps harping on you to invite people to Church.
11. Your parishioners keep harping on you to make your Church a place worth
inviting people to.
10. You've just got to see if Fr. Kevin is really as cute as his publicity
9. There's a blueberry patch down the path from Antiochian Village where you
pay on the honor system. It's unguarded. (Wink-wink, nod-nod).
8. The mission trip to Tahiti over Labor Day Weekend already was filled.
7. The first 500 students who register will get free memberships to Orthodox
6. Fr. John's Texas accent sends you straight to Heaven.
5. Antiochian Village Executive Chef Tim Johnston is Paul Prudhomme, Emeril
Lagasse, and Martha Stewart all rolled into one.
4. You're tired of feigning a sudden need to rush to the lavatory every time
someone asks, "So, just what is Orthodoxy?"
3. You're not Orthodox, but you're wondering what all the fuss is about.
2. Rumor has it Fr. Peter may pull out his guitar and be "gettin' jiggy with
1. At the last all-parish meeting, the six of you decided, "Hey, maybe we
should think about outreach."
Register by August 10 and save $50! If you have any questions, please call
me toll-free at (888) 968-4014, or write to me at missions@...
God be with you!
Yours in Christ,
*Fr. John Reeves*
Pastor of Holy Trinity Orthodox Church and director of the Penn State
University Orthodox Christian Fellowship (OCF), State College, Pennsylvania.
� Waking Up a Sleepy Parish
� College Students Are Always Hungry...and OtherImportant Lessons Learned
*Fr. Peter Gillquist*
Director of the Antiochian Orthodox Christian Archdiocese Department of
Missions and Evangelism.
� A Mission From God: the Two Essentials toBuilding a Strong Mission
� The Nuts and Bolts of Campus Evangelism
� Building an Effective Regional Campus Board
** *Fr. Kevin Scherer*
Executive Director of the North American Orthodox Christian Fellowship
� Evangelism and Outreach to the Poor andHomeless
� A Vision For Orthodox Christian FellowshipShelly Stamps
� Building a Parish Bookstore
Dept. of Missions and Evangelism
� Leading a Friend to Jesus Christ
Plus special guest speakers, discussions with the experts, a live outreach
event, and more!
Registration includes...all sessions, 3 nights lodging, 7 meals, and take
To register call toll-free (888) 968-4014 or email missions@...
Register by August 10 and save $50!
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]