Re: Comments?: Lutherans on the "Worship of the Saints"

  • Edward Wolfe
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 2, 2007
      --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "JiMiRoYaL" <jimi@...> wrote:

      > Greetings in Christ,
      >
      > I sure think I remember you as a Lutheran pastor who used to post
      > over on the Orthodox-Lutheran dialogue list. It appears that you are
      > now Fr. Ezekiel - would these assumptions be correct?
      >
      > Glory to God in all things!
      >
      > JiMi

      Jimi,

      You are correct in that I was part of the Orthodox-Lutheran list, and
      I was indeed a Lutheran pastor.

      However, I am not a priest. What God has in store for me in this
      regard is not clear yet! :)

      At this point, we are active in our parish, living as fully as
      Orthodox as we can, and I do woodworking (turning, scrollwork and
      other things) and work fulltime at Rockler Woodworking and Hardware.

      I'm also doing some work on home inconostases, too.

      Ezekiel+
    • ANATASIA THEODORIDIS
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 4, 2007
        That last song you've supplied reminds me: with the feast of the Transfiguration approaching, it's good to ponder that upon Mt. Tabor, Jesus was revealed conversing with two dead saints.

        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 4, 2007
          Well, Moses died but Elijah never did. Not yet, anyway... And, of
          course, both are alive in Christ.

          Good to see you again, Anastasia!

          JiMi

          --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "ANATASIA THEODORIDIS"
          <anastasiatheo01@...> wrote:

          > That last song you've supplied reminds me: with the feast of the
          Transfiguration approaching, it's good to ponder that upon Mt. Tabor,
          Jesus was revealed conversing with two dead saints.

          > Anastasia

        • Randy Asburry
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 4, 2007
            *Dead* saints? Isn't that an oxymoron? ;-) I thought they were very much
            *alive* as Jesus was conversing with them! :-) (I'm just playing. Please
            don't turn your infamous "hat pin" on me; save that for Pr. Weedon! :-))

            Randy

            + + + + +
            Rev. Randy Asburry
            Hope Lutheran Church
            St. Louis, MO
            <mailto:r.asburry@...> mailto:r.asburry@...

            "...we on our part shall not omit doing anything, in so far as God and
            conscience allow, that may serve the cause of Christian unity." (Augsburg
            Confession, Preface, 13; Tappert, 26).

            _____

            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 5, 2007
              You're both quite right. Not dead, and Elijah never was. And no saint is.

              So, okay, I won't poke you with ANY of my hat pins. (I have three: one with a pear-shaped, pearl cap, one with a "ruby" and crystal cap, and my new, onyx pin. Pearl for a relatively benign, small prick. Ruby for drawing blood. Onyx for when I feel quite wicked.)

              :-)