Colloquium on Orthodoxy, for Lutherans

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26, 2007
      I'm sure an official notice will be made soon, but here is a little info on
      the upcoming Colloquium on Orthodoxy, for Lutherans at St. Andrew House in
      Detroit this September 10-11. Most events take place at the St. Paul
      Retreat Center, though Vespers will be served St. Raphael of Brooklyn
      (Church, I presume).

      Here is a tentative schedule of events (as of July 17):

      *Monday, September 10

      *5:00 PM - Registration

      6:00 PM - Vespers with Inter-Orthodox Choir

      7:30 PM - Buffet dinner with keynote address by Abp. Nathaniel & talk by
      Rdr. Orr on the authority of Scripture

      9:00 PM - Free time (for visits to exhibitors, socializing, etc.)
      *

      Tuesday, September 11

      *7:30 AM - Registration for new arrivals, buffet breakfast

      8:30 AM - Talk by Fr. Berger on Trinitarian theology

      9:30 AM - Break with refreshments

      9:45 AM - Talk by Fr. Rochelle on nature of the Church

      10:45 AM - Break with refreshments

      11:00 AM - Talk by Fr. Hogg on the Virgin Mary and the saints

      12:00 AM - Buffet lunch with talk by Abp. Seraphim

      1:30 PM - Talk by Dcn. Roeber on Augustine's influence on Lutheran
      ecclesiology

      2:30 PM - Break with refreshments

      2:45 PM - Talk by Fr. Fenton on Orthodox confessions of faith

      3:45 PM - Break with refreshments

      4:00 PM - Talk by Fr. Aden on justification

      5:00 PM - Farewell reception with refreshments

      I actually wrote Fr. Basil Aden when I was converting asking for thoughts on
      Orthodoxy and Lutheranism after seeing an article he wrote, as a Lutheran,
      in the St. Vladimir's Theological Quarterly. It will be a great pleasure
      for me to meet him. My spiritual father is a Romanian-American priest who
      grew up in Abp. Nathaniel's diocese - I believe they are also
      friends/friendly - so it will also be an honor to try and follow him.