RE: [LutheransLookingEast] Request for Assistance: "The Authority of Scripture"

  • Randy Asburry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2007
      Jeremy,

      Hi there, and thanks for the reference to the Bp. MARK talks given at All
      Saints. I have listened to those (even downloaded them, as I recall), and I
      agree that they are very good. Certainly gave me a lot of points to ponder.
      I also recommend them, Chris.

      Randy

      + + + + +
      Rev. Randy Asburry
      Hope Lutheran Church
      St. Louis, MO
      <mailto:r.asburry@...> mailto:r.asburry@...

      "...we on our part shall not omit doing anything, in so far as God and
      conscience allow, that may serve the cause of Christian unity." (Augsburg
      Confession, Preface, 13; Tappert, 26).

      _____

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2007
        I am a born and bred LCMS Lutheran also and while travel is not an issue
        since I live about 30 minutes from St. Andrew, I am afraid that scheduling
        will be as the conference is being held on a Tuesday and Wednesday, and I
        work during the week. As a Lutheran considering a move to the east, I would
        very much like to attend, and with it being for "enlightenment and not
        evangelization" bring family, too, so that they can hopefully understand
        better in a nonthreatening manner. Why do they hold these during the week,
        rather than on the weekend?

        On 7/7/07, Jeremy Finck <AdonaiUplifts@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > So, IMO, this "parallel"/"analogy" may be worth exploring a bit.
        > >
        > > Hope these questions help.
        > >
        > > God's peace!
        > >
        > > Randy
        > >
        > > + + + + +
        > > Rev. Randy Asburry
        > > Hope Lutheran Church
        > > St. Louis, MO
        > > <mailto:r.asburry@... <r.asburry%40sbcglobal.net> <
        > r.asburry%40sbcglobal.net>> mailto:r.asburry@...<r.asburry%40sbcglobal.net>
        > <r.asburry%40sbcglobal.net>
        > >
        > > "...we on our part shall not omit doing anything, in so far as God and
        > > conscience allow, that may serve the cause of Christian unity."
        > (Augsburg
        > > Confession, Preface, 13; Tappert, 26).
        > >
        > > _____
        > >
        > > From: LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com<LutheransLookingEast%40yahoogroups.com>
        > <LutheransLookingEast%40yahoogroups.com>

      • Brian
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 5, 2007
          Here is an update to our situation:

          We've moved into an apartment complex in Norwood, MA (about 30 min
          south of Holy Cross). We're on all kinds of government assistance
          while Im working part time doing graphic design for a consulting firm
          in Cambridge. The kids are doing much better already and we've only
          been here three weeks.

          Please continue to keep us in your prayers and thank you for your
          prayers so far.

          Grace and peace,
          Brian
        • JiMiRoYaL
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 10, 2007
            May the Lord's continued blessings be your strength, Brian.

            --- In LutheransLookingEast@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <brfinkster@...>