Re: [LutheransLookingEast] Talk to the authors of "Changing Churches"

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
      The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:

      http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf

      It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
      3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
      Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
      Roeber provide a
      theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
      Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."

      A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
      University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
      Marquette University.

      Christopher

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
        Milwaukee! Hmmm...that doesn't work well for those of us in Dixie. Father
        Fenton...can you ask if they plan to do an audio recording or tape or
        simulcast on the 'net? While I have the book on order, it would be great
        to hear the authors speak. Thanks-----R

        On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Christopher Orr <xcjorr@...> wrote:

        > The flyer Fr. John posted can be viewed here:
        >
        > http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11204382/Mattox%20%20Roeber-%20March%208%202012.pdf
        >
        > It's for an event at Marquette University in Milwaukee on March 8 from
        > 3:30-5:00 at Straz Hall featuring the authors of *Changing
        > Churches*(Eerdmans Publishing Co., 2012). "Co-authors Mattox and
        > Roeber provide a
        > theological account of their similar yet different decisions to leave the
        > Lutheran Faith Tradition: one for Orthodoxy, the other Catholicism."
        >
        > A. G. Roeber is Professor of History and Religious Studies at Penn State
        > University and Mickey L. Mattox is Associate Professor of Theology at
        > Marquette University.
        >
        > Christopher
        >

        > On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Mary Becker <beckerpm657@...> wrote:
        >
        > > **
        > >

        > > Dear Fr. John,
        > >
        > > Don't see the attached flyer. Please try again!
        > >
        > > btw, great wedding pics:) Congratulations!
        > >
        > > Paul +

      • Fr John W Fenton
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 22, 2012
          Thanks, Rdr Christopher, for making this flyer available.

          Rosemarie, I will ask Dn Gregory about audio or visual recordings.

          Fr John W Fenton

          Priest, Holy Incarnation Orthodox Church

          LOCATION: 1385 Goddard Rd, Lincoln Park MI 48146

          MAIL: 8941 Quandt Ave, Allen Park MI 48101

          313.282.6153

          frfenton@...